IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks - an interesting piece.
I had already formed a suspicion that there was something amiss with Paul, but I haven't yet read Acts or the Epistles so could not comment on my own until I do.

On my page, I state very plainly that Jesus is going to want proof of belief in him, by seeing if the person followed his teachings - and this is sufficiently stated in the Gospels.

I might deal with Paul on a separate page.
New re Paul-o
A long-term SO (also incisively Feminist, which is to say, not burdened with cliché-ridden tropes) had derived many charges against the guy, the purest: a fucking-Misogynist-writ-large. So this is 1st-degree hearsay; still, P. had invested more due-diligence than had/have I. His fulminations re marriage, sex--advanced today--would typecast him amidst the more obviously 'evangel-deranged'--were it expressed anonymously before revealing the name of the perp (I wot).

Happy sleuthing; I realize that ya gots to go to the Source--which cant I deemed: too-silly-to immerse in, so abandoned 'research' shortly. (I did it to save the little-grey-cells from rebellion, plus sloth).

Carrion.. sometimes it's reprinted perpetually ... always a Clue(?)
New Re: re Paul-o
A religious woman I know, rather liberal, regards Paul as the John Birch of the bible. She was not impressed.
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Yes, Paul will need a separate page.
One of the things I liked about my preferred Bible translation for many years was that it sub-titled the first eight chapters of Romans a "The Gospel According To Paul".

The main problem I have with the modern church and Paul is that the church won't teach doctrinal provenance. We know Paul's writings (at least the ones we still have) happened over at least a decade, possibly two. So his ideas developed over time, some influenced by the Jewish Christians still in Jerusalem. We also know that the order of his letters in the Bible are basically in order of size. This means that, in my experiences, most church-going Christians have no idea that there are "early Paul teachings" and "later Paul teachings" nor what they are. (Galatians is purported to be the earliest letter we have of his.)

The other aspect is that Paul was versed in early Greek Philosophy and he was likely influenced by this. Greek Philosophy is what seeded the modern ideas of hell and the afterlife. Jewish ideas of those at the first century were, I'm told, rather different. Again, most church-going Christians appear to not know this.

Wade.
     Christo-Paganism - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
         Interesting! - (static)
         Some slight ambiguity. - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Thanks, I will clarify . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         Re: Christo-Paganism - (hnick) - (4)
             Thanks - an interesting piece. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                 re Paul-o - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Re: re Paul-o - (hnick)
                 Yes, Paul will need a separate page. - (static)
         Spello - (crazy) - (1)
             Thanks -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         Some notes - (drook) - (1)
             Thanks for the corrections and suggestions. - (Andrew Grygus)
         Couple more - (drook) - (2)
             Thank you for your careful reading. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 It's when the tone changes drastically that it reads as a quote -NT - (drook)

I signed a contract that said so.
92 ms