IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Maybe (some, not all the time [you may think so, but recipient not]) when you use it. Not generally.
New I infer from Peter's nicely nuanced descrpition
that in Blighty: it's akin to [employing a common Asian Gotcha!] conveying your wish for the recipient at the level, ~"May you live in Interesting Times!"; some disdain implicit ..but no cause for fisticuffs nor, does its gender-origin ..usually become invoked. 'Course too, if you know zippo of the recipient's MO? then as, Ignorance kills sometimes, your caveat supersedes :-)

Then there's Our Dolt-in-Chief admonishing Turkey's Dictator, "Don't be a sap!"--in writing, yet. (aka with Republicans, "it's always [Psych-on]Projection[/])".

Anyway, the Word seems a fine litmus for comparing the sometimes hilarious 'connotations' /or sometimes weirdness of encounters with yet-another (new to you) Tribe. I remain--sometimes astounded--at your level 0f Grokking across several, er 'platforms'--right on down to slang.
I wonder if you're in the right specialty, to wit: every Ambassador needs a linguist-on-tap; prolly sorta filled by 'Translators' but I know-not if many of these possess the full panoply of (any Other? tribe). ie This needs quite more than Boolean logic, I wot. Ever consider a Change?
New The Euros and the Yanks are forgetting that...
...our use of "cunt" sits in this context:

And I find all your comments very interesting.
New Brit Psychiatrists must suffer a lot..
Re-coding the responses to simple queries, I wot.
So during this event, what did you think your Mother meant? ..and like that.
(Or has The Pub replaced the couch?)

Or as PIet Hein puts it (yes, another Grook w/sketch)

A REPROOF
Grook in answer to a long explanatory letter

In view of your manner
of spending your days
I hope you may learn
before ending them,
that the effort you spend on defending your ways
could better be spent
on amending them.
New Brilliant.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New what about the phrase "we'll see" after being asked a favor?
me, not a chance in hell. Yours?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     for mmoffitt not everyone in britain is in love with the word either - (boxley) - (16)
         Guess Peter was wrong then about that word - (scoenye) - (4)
             I think it goes both ways - (drook) - (3)
                 'Neutral' then: "May you live in Interesting times" (most anything can be made ..snide :-) -NT - (Ashton)
                 They'll get around to this eventually - (dmcarls) - (1)
                     Let's just set fire to the US Constitution and be done with it, shall we? -NT - (mmoffitt)
         There's a big difference between using that word as Peter described and threatening rape. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (10)
             WTF are you on about? - (drook) - (9)
                 Try again. Re-read my one liner. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     Yeah, I did. It's wrong. - (CRConrad) - (7)
                         Again, nonsense. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                             Maybe (some, not all the time [you may think so, but recipient not]) when you use it. Not generally. -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                 I infer from Peter's nicely nuanced descrpition - (Ashton) - (4)
                                     The Euros and the Yanks are forgetting that... - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                         Brit Psychiatrists must suffer a lot.. - (Ashton)
                                         Brilliant. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                         what about the phrase "we'll see" after being asked a favor? - (boxley)

Then when the mother turned back around I stuck my tongue out at the kid again.
110 ms