IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wait what
Every slushbox I've ever driven has required a foot on the brake before it will start.
New Same with BOxley. He's just gone senile and forgot that.
Or he's just piling on all the "negatives" he can make up because this is an evil snowflake SJW politically correct Millennial quiche-munching sissy car that doesn't Roll Smoke like a Real Man's Six-Ton 0.2-mpg Truck.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New I drive a ford focus 2 litre
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Yeah, I can read; I saw that.
But you wish it were (and probably pretend it is) a Real Man's Six-Ton 0.2-mpg Truck that can Roll Smoke.

Or you do drive a Real Man's Six-Ton 0.2-mpg Truck that can Roll Smoke and only pretend to drive a Focus.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New not hardly
miata's, mx5, triumph, spyders more my preference
70's lincolns as well.
trucks are for work, and I do not do that kind of work anymore
Expand Edited by boxley Nov. 13, 2019, 10:06:20 PM EST
New I have a 2017 focus 2013 f150 2004 dodge sebring, none require foot on brake to start
New No one cares
I've been dealing with various brake to start, or brake to shift, for years. So what?
You want a "quiet" car? Get the police package, when you lock or unlock it the alarm system keeps quiet.
Expand Edited by crazy Nov. 12, 2019, 05:14:35 PM EST
New Foot on brake to shift out of park, maybe.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New functionally the same thing
although technically correct is the best kind etc
New here we have a parking/neutral switch that needs to be engaged before the engine will start
so the motor can be started while in either neutral or park and in no other position. That is so if you are driving at 60mph and the motor quits, you can push the gear lever into neutral and attempt to restart the car without having to come to a complete stop. This is important as power steering and power breaks are lost if the motor quits. No need for a foot on the brake at all.
     2019 ford fusion hybrid - (boxley) - (19)
         Sounds like they got a lot wrong. - (static)
         Why do you care that people know you started the car? - (drook) - (7)
             maybe? if you are sitting parked ahead watching a 3rd party and they get in to start theirs - (boxley) - (6)
                 wat -NT - (pwhysall)
                 Your criticism of a mass-market car is that it's not optimized for covert surveillance? OK - (drook) - (4)
                     If that's the issue, drive a manual and stop being a lazy shit -NT - (pwhysall)
                     old habits, same reason I disable the dome lights -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                         Yeah, because you used to be Sam Spade when you were younger. Sure. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                             uh, no -NT - (boxley)
         Wait what - (pwhysall) - (9)
             Same with BOxley. He's just gone senile and forgot that. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                 I drive a ford focus 2 litre -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                     Yeah, I can read; I saw that. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         not hardly - (boxley)
             I have a 2017 focus 2013 f150 2004 dodge sebring, none require foot on brake to start -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 No one cares - (crazy)
             Foot on brake to shift out of park, maybe. -NT - (malraux) - (2)
                 functionally the same thing - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     here we have a parking/neutral switch that needs to be engaged before the engine will start - (boxley)

I'll let that picture pass...
57 ms