IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Link?
--

Drew
New npr --> Original
Home page (archive)

"How the Supermarket Helped America Win the Cold War (Ep. 386)"
(Different from npr's title) ... which is just one aspect of the contents.

Bon appetít.
New Even on NPR 2 out of 5 comments are idjits
--

Drew
New Moi blames the RWNJ-$$$-infiltration into their Suits; aka [No One is Safe from Giga-$$ invasion]
Expand Edited by Ashton Nov. 12, 2019, 05:58:21 PM EST
New That will get pushed to page 3 in a few weeks, and be on page 546 before you know it.
Here's the link to the actual story: freakonomics.com/podcast/farms-race/
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New It worked. At least, for the Soviets who visited with us.
I've mentioned before my dad taught Russian in Long Beach, CA at the high school level. When the Soviet fishing trawlers docked in San Pedro, I would accompany him and handfuls of his students down to "the Russian Ship" so that his students could practice their Russian on native speakers. He did this so often that he got to know damned near every captain of every Soviet vessel that ever came to port. On several occasions, we'd go pick several of the Soviet sailors up and take them around. (Aside: Interestingly - and I hope I still have the photo of them - we once took two of them to Disneyland. This was when Walt was still alive and only a year or two earlier had famously refused to allow Khrushchev admission to the park.) At any rate, I distinctly recall the absolute awe with which the Soviets admired our supermarkets. Our grocery stores impressed them more than anything else in the country.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Gracias.. get lazy about dotting the Ts; only excuse is pure-sloth.
     The complete story of USDA+much else, the 'food pyramid', corn-syrup thus: obesity + moar - (Ashton) - (7)
         Link? -NT - (drook) - (6)
             npr --> Original - (Ashton) - (5)
                 Even on NPR 2 out of 5 comments are idjits -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     Moi blames the RWNJ-$$$-infiltration into their Suits; aka [No One is Safe from Giga-$$ invasion] -NT - (Ashton)
                 That will get pushed to page 3 in a few weeks, and be on page 546 before you know it. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     It worked. At least, for the Soviets who visited with us. - (mmoffitt)
                     Gracias.. get lazy about dotting the Ts; only excuse is pure-sloth. -NT - (Ashton)