IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Read with comprehension much?
I didn't think so.

Check the chart "Average monthly premiums for family coverage" (Hint: 1168.00 x 12 = 14,016)
Now look at the chart titled "Average annual deductible for family coverage" (Hint: 8803.00)

The rest I'll leave as an exercise. If you still have trouble figuring out where I came up with "over 22,000", well, there's not much that can be done to help you is there?

Edit:
As a bonus, hand wave around this, too.

With an individual family plan you may have to meet two deductibles: an individual deductible and a family deductible. This is not true for all plans though, so make sure to check your plan details before buying and make sure you understand how these two deductibles work.

Edit: tpyos.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Oct. 25, 2019, 12:26:47 PM EDT
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Oct. 25, 2019, 12:27:54 PM EDT
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Oct. 25, 2019, 12:30:14 PM EDT
New That's what I meant by "show your work". Now I know what you're actually claiming.
And it's like I thought when I explained to CRC: You're adding the premium to the deductible and calling that the "cost". And like I assumed there (and have now confirmed) most people never reach the deductible.

You added up two figures that are both technically correct for what they measure and called that the average, though there are very few people who actually pay that total. Then you took your "average" figure and plugged it into a formula with a median figure and made a claim based on the result. And when I called you on it you admitted you don't really care.

I agree with your actual point that our healthcare system and the way we pay for it are a mess. All I'm saying is when you use bad math to support it you're giving more ammunition to the other side than to your own.
--

Drew
New Orange v. Apple.
Single Payer/Medicare for All covers all medical claims by everyone with no additional monies to be paid by patients. You're saying that all medical claims could be paid using the current system with no additional payments in the form of Co-Pay, Co-Insurance and/or Deductibles with the current system. Got it.
bcnu,
Mikem

New No, I'm saying *show* *your* *math*
--

Drew
New I did and the comparisons are valid.
YOU want to compare the partial cost of a healthcare delivery system that partially covers illness to a comprehensive healthcare delivery system. I know that, being an American, it's difficult for you to imagine a comprehensive healthcare delivery system, but believe me, such do exist. Maybe use your passport a little more often.
bcnu,
Mikem

Expand Edited by mmoffitt Oct. 28, 2019, 09:18:51 AM EDT
New You did not
Remember this?

"during 2015 health expenditures per-person were nearly $10,000 on average." That's total expenditures, not premium + deductible. That's how much we actually spend per-person.

Today there are lots of uninsured people. If we offer universal care, money for those people comes from somewhere. What's the story you tell to opponents for where that comes from?

This time, instead of accusing me of not wanting universal coverage, or of being too stupid or provincial to think it's possible, how about you try actually answering the question?
--

Drew
     As IF anyone needs another reason to oppose "Mayor Pete". - (mmoffitt) - (23)
         You must be reading Russian trolls again. - (a6l6e6x) - (22)
             I used to think the Public Option was a decent compromise. - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                 Saddest-of-all: those who most need to comprehend what you said ..CAN'T. (Or too feckless to try) -NT - (Ashton)
                 Public Option needs to be along the path to single payer. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     And we haven't discussed the moral imperative either. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 Don't conflate median and mean, it makes you sound dishonest -NT - (drook) - (17)
                     If you can find a reported median for health insurance, please share. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     And, au contraire, mon frere. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                         You stand behind this math? - (drook) - (14)
                             not only that the corporations would get a hyarge cut as well! 38-20=18 -NT - (boxley)
                             Why not remotely true? - (CRConrad) - (12)
                                 Ok - (drook) - (11)
                                     I think that is the total cost of a policy - (scoenye)
                                     See my source link for the math. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                         Show your work - (drook) - (7)
                                             what is the cost of your policy? your cost plus the company? - (boxley)
                                             Read with comprehension much? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                 That's what I meant by "show your work". Now I know what you're actually claiming. - (drook) - (4)
                                                     Orange v. Apple. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                         No, I'm saying *show* *your* *math* -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                                             I did and the comparisons are valid. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                 You did not - (drook)
                                     Thanks, pretty much got it now (I think). - (CRConrad)

Several ICLRPDs in there, but I'll let others pick out their favorites.
129 ms