IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New PG&E
Pacific Gas and Electric, for a very long time, knowingly skimped on maintenance and upgrades for their power grid in order to divert the cash to executive bonuses and shareholder profits (all their execs are probably shareholders).

In addition, their grid has not been designed to isolate danger areas of limited scope. Since they can only shut down very large areas, this makes a whole lot of people very pissed off at them, which brings political problems.

PG&E is between a rock and a hard place, both of their own making.

I predict extra large bonuses for PG&E executives this year to cover "emotional stress".
New Indeed; I plan to research the 'Teflon' matter re esp. corona but also
mechanical /dropping tree-limb forces (beneath some F=MA limit of strength of coating, fragility of cables themselves). And like that.
New Keep in mind . . .
. . teflon starts to fail at around 500°F, way lower than any forest fire temperature. Also keep in mind that it is banned from use on our submarines and other enclosed environments because the fumes are highly toxic. A simple short circuit can easily cause a wire to heat far above its outgassing temperature.
New Yes, I'm talking coaxial here..
The outer material 'insulation' must resemble the techniques used in space *re-entry; the Teflon™ features its ability to adhere at (the expected temp-gradient of a brief encounter with passing greenery/or a falling [right-sized if you're lucky] branch.
* the ablative mixes used on descending space capsules seems to be ~square-one; it's still cheaper than ..2017 to now. Looking..

Nothing can protect against an inferno right under the cable, of course. Undergrounding is a mare's nest. Unacceptable is:
the present flailing about on a 'net' whose switching/routing-inflexibility is the most visible culprit.
     Ready.. FIRE!! ... ... Aim - (Ashton) - (10)
         Truly horrifying. :0( -NT - (mmoffitt)
         PG&E - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Indeed; I plan to research the 'Teflon' matter re esp. corona but also - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Keep in mind . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Yes, I'm talking coaxial here.. - (Ashton)
         Image size. - (malraux) - (4)
             Prefer width=80% -NT - (drook) - (3)
                 As to parsing.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     De-select "Process WeeCodes", select "Convert HTML", and use... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         Thanks.. exactamente :-) ... also too, - (Ashton)

Has anyone seen the bridge?
56 ms