IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Frist p0st...!
...from my new little red-headed beauty, that is.

Now to figure out how to multi-boot her... Will put that question in the appropriate forum as soon as I figure out which one that is.

[Edit] OK, here it is. [/Edit]
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
Collapse Edited by CRConrad Oct. 21, 2019, 05:27:57 PM EDT
Frist p0st...!
...from my new little red-headed beauty, that is.

Now to figure out how to multi-boot her... Will put that question in the appropriate forum as soon as I figure out which one that is.
--

Christian R. Conrad

New and its purty too!
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Nice. Never had you down as a fashionista, but every day's a schoolday.
New Not "fashionista", more work aversion (and some "reverse male insecurity").
Had it been available in pretty much any other colour -- blue, green, black, gold, whatever -- I'd probably have taken that, but it was this red or silver. And silver reminds me so much of my work machine -- a corporate (HP) laptop so thoroughly locked down I can't even install the required extensions to a freaking text editor to be able to make an insert-timestamp macro, not to mention another text editor altogether -- that this became the only choice left.

Not, I suppose, without overtones of "I'll take the girly-coloured one just to show how I'm not insecure in my mascuinity at all", which any psychologist will probably tell you is just over-compensating, thus disproving itself. [Edit:] Come to think of it, if I had a Ferrari (or other sports car), I'd probably get that in red, too. Seems pretty standard for things like that... Not that this changes anything, the preceding speculation probably applies just as well. [/Edit]

At least the "Red Edition" didn't cost more than the boring-corporate silver default.
--

Christian R. Conrad

Expand Edited by CRConrad Oct. 22, 2019, 05:39:53 PM EDT
Expand Edited by CRConrad March 14, 2020, 02:34:36 PM EDT
New Re: OT: "Red Edition"
Communist! :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Wouldn't "Red Chinese" be more au courant?
--

Drew
New No, the REAL Chinese -- i.e, not the "Red" ones:
BestWare / Schenker seem to be assemblers of Clevo "barebones", and Clevo is from Taiwan: https://www.clevo.com.tw/
--

Christian R. Conrad

Acquisition speculation: New lap- or possibly desktop computer. - (CRConrad) - (22)
         OK! - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Only comment re: hybrid drives - (malraux) - (1)
                 oops - (pwhysall)
             Component Pricing - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Beware of PC Part Picker too :-P - (malraux) - (1)
                     Not my experience, but ymmv -NT - (pwhysall)
         Pick your budget first, then decide on the parts. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             32GB? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Pffft. Chrome. -NT - (malraux) - (3)
                     Yup. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         phillips screwdriver, works on warning lights in dash as well -NT - (boxley)
                         Ooh, get her with her dollar dollar bills, y'all. - (pwhysall)
         Thanks, guys, great food for thought! - (CRConrad) - (2)
             I got an Lenovo L390 for work, too. - (Another Scott)
             Asus GL703GE - (scoenye)
         Frist p0st...! - (CRConrad) - (6)
             and its purty too! -NT - (boxley)
             Nice. Never had you down as a fashionista, but every day's a schoolday. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Not "fashionista", more work aversion (and some "reverse male insecurity"). - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     Re: OT: "Red Edition" - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         Wouldn't "Red Chinese" be more au courant? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                             No, the REAL Chinese -- i.e, not the "Red" ones: - (CRConrad)

A base libel on toxic waste dumps everywhere.
72 ms