IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What fucking "sarcasm"??? Simple statement of fact: "Stolen youth" is silly hyperbole.
New I don't know.
Worrying about it has clearly stolen at least some of the innocence of her youth. That this worry is not wholly unwarranted can, I think, be safely left at the feet of the generations preceding hers.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Then "they" have "stolen" your middle age and mine, and Ashton's dotage, just as much.
Along with the age-appropriate periods of the lives of the ~9 billion others (or however many we are) on this mudball. And who are these evil "they", if not those ~9 billion themselves (ourselves)? Any talk about "them" having "stolen" anything becomes meaningless.

And yes, sure (as I think I've pointed out already), worrying climate shit is indeed worrying. But worrying _to excess_ about it, to the extent that one feels one's "youth has been stolen!", is useless, misguided, wrong. Also voluntary, self-inflicted, hyperbole (cf "meaningless", above).
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Then.. your 'understanding' of human-psyches sucks.
You want some Boolean algorithms? for the interactions of the intellectual/emotional/instinctive aka 'reptile' - aspects of our jelloware ... a diagram in which the math [n!] implies gadzillions of relations: and you are fucking-Sure you have the chops to say:

She's getting it all Rong/You! could explain to her just-Where she has gone Rong--and why you could Fix-It-For-Her.
(Song, My Fair Lady, Why can't a Woman ..be more like a Man?)

..all that homo-sap iggerance combined with Your hubris writ Hyarge.. You couldn't possibly empathize with this girl ... merely pontificate. Her 'they' has been focussed on a most-apt target: Politicians of all stripes who have no Clue about the prognoses re Climate/and don't intend to get any. That's a pretty-Good FOCUS, I wot.

Get a grip.
Expand Edited by Ashton Oct. 15, 2019, 04:09:47 AM EDT
New Or yours. As much as your turgid prose.
New How about this
If 16-year-olds are known for anything it's taking things too seriously. Breaking up is the end of the world, etc.

And all you take from what she says is that she's overreacting, so clearly being coached and used by ... someone? It doesn't just ignore her argument, you seem to say it undermines her argument.
--

Drew
New Proof right here: that your masquerade-over-yearz..
of being taken for some sort of clear-thinker? just Now is demonstrated as bogus; as a FAIL. Your wordy-diss of GT is **"Telling".
Whatever be Greta's (apparently barely-'diagnosed')/Labeled: but not comprehended mental status I wot that she is Correct in treating-that nebulous diagnosis as her "Superpowers". Because: q.e.d.

Had the world a much greater-%-pop of these Unusually Clear Thinkers--of whatever fucking-'age-of-meatware', we would not ALL be in the predicament now we are IN. Were I elected Dictator I would decree that, wherever such valuable ones were discovered:
The family should receive [some $$-equiv. amount, sliding scale -vs- net-Worth of parents] in order to give that Thought-capable-person his/her best chances to grow in already demonstrated Talent. This for the sake of saving the Planet from those digital-think lesser ones--and especially-from those whose emotional-brain has failed to function, those whose 'empathy' has been crippled: is thus an Unknown factor in their daily diminished Human-capabilities.
Greta remaina a Mensch; her grammar-school-detractors remain Midgets Q-fucking-E-D.

Suck it up Mr. Knowall (cf. W. Somerset Maugham's short story)--except that in that opus: Mr. Knowall proved to be incisive, caring and kind: these attributes saving a woman from considerable social embarrassment, ETC.) You OTOH: would have blurted-out just-how-clever-I Be!! / See, everyone ?! . Hubris Kills.

Pity that, you got so old still suffering some facsimile of the dread-Drumpf-disease (which might be the calibrator for 0.00%-Empathic capability?) Save your juvenile/Drumpf-grade insults for your peers: these are always a **'Tell'--I think you know that vernacular. (Well 'intellectually', anyway). Grow up ..and we'll talk, else: {{shun}}.
     Greta Lays It Out - (Ashton) - (42)
         How dare you? You have stolen my dreams and my childhood with your empty words.” - (boxley) - (24)
             {Shun}-squared -NT - (Ashton) - (23)
                 -quintic -NT - (mmoffitt)
                 16 living on a yacht and other peoples money addressing the UN - (boxley) - (20)
                     So you have no response to what she actually said. Good to know. -NT - (drook) - (19)
                         complete BS and you know it. every religion is entitled to their saints and icons - (boxley) - (18)
                             You know *exactly* what she means. -NT - (pwhysall)
                             Actually let's go around again. - (pwhysall) - (16)
                                 sure - (boxley) - (3)
                                     And...? -NT - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                         and what? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             If you Need an 'answer' to that? then you couldn't process it (for shame). ie {Shun}, sadly. -NT - (Ashton)
                                 Sorry, but that still means the BOx is right on what he actually said. - (CRConrad) - (11)
                                     It doesn't take a "White Knight" to defend a child against attacks from supposed adults. - (mmoffitt)
                                     Pity.. your inner-nazi, masquerading as digital-logic ..has demonized a smarter-than-You young woman - (Ashton) - (9)
                                         Way to jump to conclusions there. - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                             W.t.f.Has? any of that gratuitous sarcasm-crap to-do-with: her current intellectual-abilities. - (Ashton) - (7)
                                                 What fucking "sarcasm"??? Simple statement of fact: "Stolen youth" is silly hyperbole. -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                                     I don't know. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                         Then "they" have "stolen" your middle age and mine, and Ashton's dotage, just as much. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                             Then.. your 'understanding' of human-psyches sucks. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                 Or yours. As much as your turgid prose. -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                                                                     How about this - (drook)
                                                                     Proof right here: that your masquerade-over-yearz.. - (Ashton)
                 boxley in default troll-mode - (rcareaga)
         But not ALL simpletons. The Orange One apparently didn't understand. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Here's my take on that. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Riposte to Menace noted: "I get pretty worried when you start talking about young girls" :-þ - (Ashton)
         Well, one thing is certain . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (13)
             Yeah! Big Solar! Big Wind! Big Recycling! Big Sustainable Transport! - (pwhysall) - (11)
                 You always wear rose colored glasses? - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                     Geez. And I get the stick about purity tests! -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     Methinks that we have not the Time ... ... ... - (Ashton)
                     I see you, Greta Thunberg. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                         Thanks much! ..a veritable wish-I'd-(could)-said-that-all. Pity there's no author named - (Ashton) - (2)
                             It's on the FB page of the writer - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Bully! ..add-to-listicle. -NT - (Ashton)
                 Pickens tried big wind, couldnt shift the product out of the wilderness - (boxley) - (3)
                     ROFL. Wind is obviously working somewhere in the USA. - (mmoffitt)
                     Box- points conferred: Concur that massive air-travel blongs on the Docket ..early and fiercely. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Yep. Ride the Eurostar and then try to convince yourself air travel is necessary. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             probably, nothing really wrong with that - (boxley)

Swiftly thereafter, Choco Taco Delight.
95 ms