IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New There's an uplift, but it's not huge
For example, Enterprise will give you a manual "standard" car (Vauxhall Insignia or similar) for £18/day for a manual, £23/day for an auto.
New Wow. That's different.
Budget rental here has a 1 week rental of a VW Golf picked up and returned to Reading for a week with an automatic at 95.21USD vs a VW Golf manual at 109.43USD. The automatic is cheaper by two bucks a day! That wasn't the case in September, 2017, I assure you. But, I stand absolutely corrected.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Peter, curious I dont remember if you rented a car when you came to the USA - (boxley) - (16)
         (Apropos) In '73 I also faced this demon - (Ashton)
         I didn't - (pwhysall) - (12)
             Do you also have the pedals the wrong way around? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                 Same pedal layout. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Hadn't even thought about the hand ... Agree with your recommendation, I'd get an auto -NT - (drook)
             wouldnt have isues with a manual and since the clutch really isnt necessary until you come to a full - (boxley) - (8)
                 Manual cars need the clutch on every gear change, you know that, right? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                     would need to use the clutch to see what the shift points are on that vehicle then no, I wouldnt -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                         If you do get an auto, be prepared for sticker shock. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             There's an uplift, but it's not huge - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Wow. That's different. - (mmoffitt)
                     On a motorcycle I don't need clutch on the way up - (drook)
                 Mine's bigger™ - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Modern synchomesh boxes are not at all sympathetic to clutchless changing - (pwhysall)
         Apropos... - (malraux) - (1)
             that article was what incited me to post after reading -NT - (boxley)

Who?
89 ms