IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mine's bigger™
(On one of the earlier, pre-abused Citroëns, I figured out how to use the small hand-control clutch-lever to hydraulically double-clutch into the non-synchro-equipped low gear). Screw this up and it's Lots of disassembly + Francs.

So if you think you're really a Master: try this on a ..oh, say MG-TC?--which is all crash-box because--Stiff-upper-lip, mate! But for what £££ pristine TCs have flogged for, even half a century back.. is it worth cheating-death on every ride to the 7/11 for a Big Gulp?

Humbly ..as hell
;^>
New Modern synchomesh boxes are not at all sympathetic to clutchless changing
I thoroughly explored this concept when I had a company veerhickle.

There's a clutch, and you're expected to use it, because half the time when you don't, even when you match perfectly, it'll grind like a bastard.

On my own car, I double-declutch when I can be bothered/remember (smooths out changes like you wouldn't believe).
     Peter, curious I dont remember if you rented a car when you came to the USA - (boxley) - (16)
         (Apropos) In '73 I also faced this demon - (Ashton)
         I didn't - (pwhysall) - (12)
             Do you also have the pedals the wrong way around? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                 Same pedal layout. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Hadn't even thought about the hand ... Agree with your recommendation, I'd get an auto -NT - (drook)
             wouldnt have isues with a manual and since the clutch really isnt necessary until you come to a full - (boxley) - (8)
                 Manual cars need the clutch on every gear change, you know that, right? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                     would need to use the clutch to see what the shift points are on that vehicle then no, I wouldnt -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                         If you do get an auto, be prepared for sticker shock. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             There's an uplift, but it's not huge - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Wow. That's different. - (mmoffitt)
                     On a motorcycle I don't need clutch on the way up - (drook)
                 Mine's bigger™ - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Modern synchomesh boxes are not at all sympathetic to clutchless changing - (pwhysall)
         Apropos... - (malraux) - (1)
             that article was what incited me to post after reading -NT - (boxley)

When's the last time you heard China?
77 ms