IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New would need to use the clutch to see what the shift points are on that vehicle then no, I wouldnt
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New If you do get an auto, be prepared for sticker shock.
Auto transmissions are *very much* more expensive in the UK ime. And rent it here before you go to save some extra cash.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New There's an uplift, but it's not huge
For example, Enterprise will give you a manual "standard" car (Vauxhall Insignia or similar) for £18/day for a manual, £23/day for an auto.
New Wow. That's different.
Budget rental here has a 1 week rental of a VW Golf picked up and returned to Reading for a week with an automatic at 95.21USD vs a VW Golf manual at 109.43USD. The automatic is cheaper by two bucks a day! That wasn't the case in September, 2017, I assure you. But, I stand absolutely corrected.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     Peter, curious I dont remember if you rented a car when you came to the USA - (boxley) - (16)
         (Apropos) In '73 I also faced this demon - (Ashton)
         I didn't - (pwhysall) - (12)
             Do you also have the pedals the wrong way around? -NT - (drook) - (2)
                 Same pedal layout. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     Hadn't even thought about the hand ... Agree with your recommendation, I'd get an auto -NT - (drook)
             wouldnt have isues with a manual and since the clutch really isnt necessary until you come to a full - (boxley) - (8)
                 Manual cars need the clutch on every gear change, you know that, right? - (pwhysall) - (5)
                     would need to use the clutch to see what the shift points are on that vehicle then no, I wouldnt -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                         If you do get an auto, be prepared for sticker shock. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             There's an uplift, but it's not huge - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Wow. That's different. - (mmoffitt)
                     On a motorcycle I don't need clutch on the way up - (drook)
                 Mine's bigger™ - (Ashton) - (1)
                     Modern synchomesh boxes are not at all sympathetic to clutchless changing - (pwhysall)
         Apropos... - (malraux) - (1)
             that article was what incited me to post after reading -NT - (boxley)

I can say "where's the bathroom", "how much is that" and "those aren't my drugs" in 187 languages.
117 ms