IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Flash! University's 'In Loco Parentis' duty earns an F-with-extreme-prejudice; fumigation continues.
New What "in loco PARENTIS duty" ?!?
This was, according to the article Rand linked, a case for "the Tertiary Education Commission". The institution in question is supposed to be a university, not an elementary school.

Children go to school and are called pupils. When you go to university and get called a student you're supposed to be an adult.

Sure, too bad, I feel for the parents and all, but still: Universities aren't supposed to babysit their students.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New What about RA's?
A lot of universities (although I cannot say all - could be, I just don't know) have Residential Advisors who often (always?) have fiduciary responsibilities to the students with whom they live.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt Oct. 10, 2019, 11:08:53 AM EDT
New What are those, designated baby-sitters? Why would an institution for adults have that?
New They live in the dorms with students.
And "adults?" Have you met many 17 year old Americans? Christ, have you met many 30 year old Americans for that matter?
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Well, stranger: the California Institute of Technology had such, sorta..
And--since I never chatted with one--it's possible that they might have been helpful to some of the yahoos as were classmates; juvenile-pranks are/were just about the Essence of the local zeitgeist ... way-back, and via all periodic reports: still. It's their fucking-leitmotif, y'know?

Look up "Stacking Day" wherein underclass-'men' 'stacked' rooms of Seniors: that is, pick-lock (only a paper-clip needed with those locks) move furniture around to block entrance door; exit via window+ladder etc. (Also, make next re-use of window er, somewhat-difficult too: Std.Hi-IQ-jinx du any jour. Sometime it got well Out-of-Hand.. as when a demo-F-86? sans wings/on a flat-bed trailer ... got 'stolen'. Wash/rinse.

(Get out much, currently?)
New When I was there in 87
The kids were handing out nitrous oxide shots in the basement. Since I was there as a pre-frosh* I had to pay $0.75 if I wanted one to prevent against undue influence of my higher education choice.

* Accepted by the college, staying in the dorms for a night to try it out and see if I wanted to go.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
Expand Edited by malraux Oct. 17, 2019, 12:48:34 PM EDT
New Indeed.. there, the goal-posts move along randomly--bug? feature?
     “New Zealand university student lay dead in room for nearly two months” - (rcareaga) - (8)
         Flash! University's 'In Loco Parentis' duty earns an F-with-extreme-prejudice; fumigation continues. -NT - (Ashton) - (7)
             What "in loco PARENTIS duty" ?!? - (CRConrad) - (6)
                 What about RA's? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                     What are those, designated baby-sitters? Why would an institution for adults have that? -NT - (CRConrad) - (4)
                         They live in the dorms with students. - (mmoffitt)
                         Well, stranger: the California Institute of Technology had such, sorta.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                             When I was there in 87 - (malraux) - (1)
                                 Indeed.. there, the goal-posts move along randomly--bug? feature? -NT - (Ashton)

Have you heard Prado is finished? He was badly gored. Now he can only drink herb tea.
96 ms