IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New What's this all about, then?
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.4418959,-118.2644588,5944m/data=!3m1!1e3

Failed settlement? Some people seem to live there, but very few. But it's laid out kinda like a suburb, with cul-de-sacs and whatnot.

What gives?
New Precisamente..
(In these parts) not uncommon that a fucking-Entrepreneur 'developer' cadges some investment $$$, espies a place with some.. signs of life (note that these lines all have street-names), imagining (Unicorns).
aka the Bizness-mindset.. a horrible example of unskilled-labour.. inAction.

And in Nevada.. maybe this looks like an Oasis to the locals (?) Are there dry-oases?
New Humboldt River Ranch Association
The oasis is the state park across the "road".
New its a get out of dodge community
no zoning build what you want and fek the rest of the world. Someone laid out the roads and put up tje "for sale $200 down, make payments" signs and waited. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New What about utilities? Where does the water/electricity come from?
Or is this all about off-grid living?
New water involves drilling deep holes or packing it in via large delivery trucks
seeing how close it is to the interstate it is probably on a power grid
New here you go, a definitive guide before you contemplate purchasing there issued by locals
New Well, I can certainly understand . . .
. . why that development is so vacant.

To live there you have to be both crazy and rich.

And you must trust that your God will protect your property from the guys who own the mineral rights from turning it into a strip mine pit - just because you "believe!".
New Thanks, an interesting read
New Ever seen Breaking Bad?
--

Drew
New My wife has for years owned a vacant lot…
in a very similar desert terrain in Southern California. She used to joke “I’m the only person who ever lost money on California real estate” (this was, of course, before the unpleasantness of 2008). Same deal: Streets and utilities laid out; here and there a house. We visited the property early in the century to catch a meteor shower, since it was far from the city lights. There was actually an occupied home nearby, a few parcels away. What’s odd is that when L looked in on the property a few years later, there was only a slab to mark the structure’s former presence.

She still pays property tax upon the thing every year, and occasionally imagines aloud that we will build upon it and retire there. “Not in this life,” I assure her grimly.

cordially,
     What's this all about, then? - (pwhysall) - (10)
         Precisamente.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Humboldt River Ranch Association - (scoenye)
         its a get out of dodge community - (boxley) - (5)
             What about utilities? Where does the water/electricity come from? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 water involves drilling deep holes or packing it in via large delivery trucks - (boxley)
                 here you go, a definitive guide before you contemplate purchasing there issued by locals - (boxley) - (2)
                     Well, I can certainly understand . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Thanks, an interesting read -NT - (pwhysall)
         Ever seen Breaking Bad? -NT - (drook)
         My wife has for years owned a vacant lot… - (rcareaga)

Did anybody else know that they kept a lake behind that big dam?
136 ms