IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New another great obituary

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New Hilarious! and with some connections..
I once spent, as a tyke several visits in an Estate in Old Greenwich CT, saw many of the Dog-Shi**ers as would have warmed the cockles of this contrarian-extrordinaire [That is: the pomposity of some of the $$$'d Ones or just their lesser taking-for-granted er. laissez faire view of us plebes].

The doyenne of this Manse was enanoured of moi--at age ~9, for the fact that I could communicate with her distressed son (likely a case of what today would be lumped into the many varieties of autism). I see now that she was genuine in appreciating the fact that (I would-as well as 'could') treat Alan as just another friend without *patronizing this gentle/disabled 'older kid'/think he may have been ~20ish at the time. He died not long after these visits; never learned details of this early-Exit.
* Didn't know that word, but even a 9-yo groks to fullness when That is happening, (while many 'adults' never do grok-to-fullness .. quite a lot).

And I learned to swim there, in Long Island Sound--bonus.

Carrion.. sometimes it masquerades as Patronizing, eh?
Expand Edited by Ashton Sept. 15, 2019, 10:47:49 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Ashton Sept. 15, 2019, 10:51:05 PM EDT
New And it even made the NY Times! :)
NY Times:
The Best Obituary Ever, and the Wacky Funeral That Followed

A Connecticut prankster’s newspaper eulogy has captured hearts from London to Pittsburgh and back.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     another great obituary - (lincoln) - (2)
         Hilarious! and with some connections.. - (Ashton)
         And it even made the NY Times! :) - (a6l6e6x)

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
68 ms