IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New found in the recent archives
I’m attempting to cull the physical and the electronic premises. In the course of this undertaking I found this letter, subsequently printed out and mailed a year ago:
November 3, 2018

Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Office of the Clerk, US District Court
Northern District of California
450 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco CA 94102

To whom it may concern—

A previous communiqué, identically addressed, was received here a few weeks ago. The envelope was then annotated “UNKNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS – RETURN TO SENDER” and handed back to the mail carrier. It appears either not to have reached your office, or to have been disregarded upon receipt. In either event, please be advised that I have resided at [The Crumbling Manse™] since I purchased it in 1999, and that “Stanley Wright” has never lived here or, so far as I know, even set foot on the property during that time. Nor indeed has any mail in his name been received here in former years that I can recall.

Since, as I imagine, the penalties for blowing off a federal grand jury summons (as I take this to be) are probably dire, I am bringing to your attention the fact that Mr. Wright, whoever and wherever he is, must be quite unaware that you are attempting to enlist his participation in your proceedings, and that I have no more idea than you have of how he might be reached. I am not familiar with the Northern District’s procedures, but it would seem to me hard cheese to swear out a bench warrant for the nonappearance of an individual who does not realize that he has been summoned.

I would be greatly obliged if the Court could modify its records and sever the spurious, or at least superannuated, connection between this postal address and the identity of the elusive Wright. I wish you all good fortune in ascertaining his actual whereabouts.
cordially,
New It seems like government agencies are the worst for that.
I had a previous resident at my previous address get snapped by a speed camera in another state. He must've been getting renewal notices by email because the infringement notice arrived by mail.

It was duly returned with 'Unknown At This Address'. A second arrived. Also returned. I don't remember the sequence but there were several, including a court summons (!). He is going to be in for a world of pain when he next drives in that state.

Also happened for some clown caught without a train ticket. Infringement notices, notice of fine, then debt collection! All letters returned with "Unknown At This Address" but still they came.

Wade.
New voter rolls, last known address is why you got that
presumably the local party hacks (of which ever flavor) have had him vote absentee all those years
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     found in the recent archives - (rcareaga) - (2)
         It seems like government agencies are the worst for that. - (static)
         voter rolls, last known address is why you got that - (boxley)

If you realize that this is the result of 35 years of continuous development across a wide range of compute platforms, there's a certain sense to it. It's internally consistent with its development history. Not that it doesn't suck.
40 ms