IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The Anti-Vaxxers.. are now on WHO's "Major Medical Threats" list
And--so obviously--this real-FACT situation -vs- anti-scientific made-up 'reasons' IS the perfect metaphor for..
(The War on Truthiness ...let alone on TRUTH/Language, etc.) as describes the entire sub-Culture
which has poisoned the dis-US into needing now an even more-Horrific handle than that dis-prefix.

Thus: the Murican Taliban employ ISIS-et-alia mindsets, tactics and DIS-honesty within their
very soul-less meat packages. Perhaps Dr. Who had the solution all along -vs- The Daleks?
THIS is a metaphysical-grade problem, hence here in Religio. Properly. As for the
Daleks-equivalency?one Must turn-about on themselves their own-very-clear priority:

E X T E R M I N A T E !!!

Then too, there's the perpetual War-on-war to be contended with; we don't do recursion at all Well
Maybe 'We're Just-plain-Fucked, eh? (..but thanks for That word, Anglo-Saxons, anyway).
New Rabid Anti-vaxer leader, Dr. Mercola . . .
. . a little bit ago started calling Google a dangerous monopoly, and urged people to use DuckDuckGo instead. A few days later he started calling Wikipedia a totally evil failed project. Then he started denouncing Google's new curator rules, and it's insane dependency on evil failed Wikipedia as a reference.

So, right about this time his Google search traffic dropped by 99%.

Seems Google/Wikipedia flagged his site as a "Possibly Dangerous Site", due to his rabid Anti-vaxer activities - and relegated him to page 36 and beyond.
New Not sure how I feel about that
On the one hand, I think his stuff absolutely deserves to be down-ranked. But if it happened immediately after he criticized them, that's not such a great precedent.
--

Drew
New Re: Not sure how I feel about that
His attack on Google's collusion with evil Wikipedia was definitely after the fact.

His calling Google a monopoly and to use DuckDuckGo was a few days before, but Google usually signals upcoming changes, and he has to have a serious crew of Web developers who would have been watching for hints - so I very seriously doubt this was a revenge thing.

Also, Mercola made no hint about it being a revenge thing, his attack was strictly against Wikipedia's biases.
Expand Edited by Andrew Grygus Sept. 4, 2019, 01:54:56 AM EDT
New Speaking of Google and Mercola ...
Not only is he an anti-vaxxer, he writes a lot about the problems with the lipid hypotheses and statins. So the LCHF proponents are up in arms about Mercola being down-ranked, saying it's the MSM sending low-carb proponents down the memory hole.

I hate when people I agree with on one topic are raving loons on another topic.
--

Drew
     The Anti-Vaxxers.. are now on WHO's "Major Medical Threats" list - (Ashton) - (4)
         Rabid Anti-vaxer leader, Dr. Mercola . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Not sure how I feel about that - (drook) - (2)
                 Re: Not sure how I feel about that - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Speaking of Google and Mercola ... - (drook)

If the enemy is in range, so are you.
44 ms