KCET.

There's much in common--with pix--between Freetown/SL and S.F./CA. The Elite one demonstrates the $Bs of new coastal building-as-we-speak, and the cynical-silence of: 'tacitly' expecting Later -->On: government $Bs to attempt protection from that which all-sane folk foresee already.

The Impoverished in SL have built sans any government knowledg--let alone 'oversight'. There are (unenforced) Laws, but overall poverty means: government there has not the funds to Oversee much of anything. See the commentary/pix of the recent unprecedented flooding: houses, apartment buildings on slopes, falling over (sometimes resting under-water) as the narrator relates the mondo-climate alterations there, over just a few years.

History says: the 'Buffering' of this entire topic is most apt to continue via Old-White-guys' realization that, "I'm alright, Jack--I be Daid before I'm held accountable" for terminal-greed. The poor ones could not possibly plan/design/execute/PAY FOR appropriate debris cleanup.. let alone enforcing new-Rules, nor ever: the lengthy techno-processes of designing, building after razing present locales, Etc.

And we all see just how likely it is that, someHow there Shall be world cooperation ... to 'Save' all those with fewer-$$-than moi.

Carrion. Sometimes it's found in mind-sets of an entire species, despite its being out-numbered by all the other species. With never a Vote. How mortifying to consider Alien paleo- psycho-Mavens writing our precĂ­s, realizing while Regretting! that it's too late to Incarcerate the Lot.