IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Peter: 'The Double Dishonesty of Boris Johnson’s Brexit Proposals'
NewYorker

Cure? Simple: ANOTHER PLEBISCITE; don't settle for Orange Menace Jr.'s transparent bafflegab ... Again!

JEEZ: do I gota SYA ... from an ocean-away? ..thought you blokes had a soupçon of Cuth left, but ...
New Yup
Not one single person who supported Brexit - politician or voter - had any real, workable plan for what to do with the Irish border.

And this is becoming very apparent. Johnson is riding his populist wave, doing what he does best - which is to lean on the idea that if only we have enough pluck and spunk and moxy and whatever, we'll be OK. It's the UK equivalent of the American Dream - just work hard, and you too can be Jeff Bezos - and is just as much bullshit.

For the actualité of the situation, I refer you to my other post on the matter.
New Here's fun.
A handy-dandy infographic!

New Wholly Shite
That's ... THAT's priceless as well as massively entertaining, Useful+damning perspective
(largely as Court Evidence that this clown has about as much credibility, moxie, gravitas as), well you know.

Mr. Jon Worth.. needs to be reqisitioned--for n+1 £££--to diagram the (now >10,000 documented) USianClusterfuck-of-Lies ..of another-but-similar colour.
(I'd bet that on 'Fund-Me' or something), he could garner enough $$ to fly first-Class on the non-737MAX of his choice for a reconnoiter
before sketching our Ten-page umm, tea leaves?

We then make BIG posters of same (10 persons in front of) the Whitest-House ever inhabited by 99.44%-pure Despicables. Maybe goose-stepping for effect? (Opt.)
tl;dr.. this is such a revealing graphic, I'd like to think--get it enough Ink--and it just might cause your local Tricky-Dick-Nixon to evanesce into a richly earned oblivion.. No?

Carrion
It seems that the entire planet is lusting for this delicacy now. And the Good Guysn'Gals wanna see:
Look! ---> In the road: A Head! [©®™]

(I could bring my ©Release along on that jet's return trip, for use in the Sceptered Isle ... I'd settle for Biz-class accommodations too.
I ain't greedy; merely Pissed at mouth-breathers in any old decaying locale. An Equal dis-Opportunity Employer :-þ

PS Ed: Had missed your pellucid summary 'Heh', buried amidst..That's as clear as it could be made. Wishing you same sorta cosmic-Luck as both our crumbling States; it’s utterly depressing that The Sceptered should have experienced drain bamage just as likely-fatal as that whole USian mondo-Dream BS-across-Ages.

Whether it's the Book-of-Face, catalyst to a now evident spiral of [-] slope of IQ, various Industrial chemicals within the endangered Air, Water and Brainz?
--or just Cosmic Humour over the fucking-Hubris of this unravelling species [??] IT IS 1933 from Brexit to Bolsonaro to BeBe to (the three-B's in the shit-White House).

Ergo:
[cf. Manfred from another post] Por moi, a workable means for maintaining some equanimity whilst watching the deck-chairs on the Titanic being burned by small minds
(mainly by those in thrall to $£¥+Power symbols in lieu of all else)
I possess the LP ’First Complete Recording' of this sorta 'Tone Poem'; Sir Thomas Beecham, 'Bart' Conducts.
Music: Robert Schumann
Text: Lord Byron, "for Actors, Soloists, Chorus and Orchestra"

It is a virtuoso performance of all participants; sad that this allegorical masterpiece, relevant to 2019 seems ~Unbekannt amongst today's literati; I learned only via (a too-lengthy tale).
Excerpt: As the Protagonist is nearing death (having failed in his attempt in the Nether-world to free the lovely Astarte), a Priest attempts to 'console' him.
Manfred ripostes, Old Man ... it is not so hard to die..
(I treasure those few seconds of dialogue ..and hope to emulate same on any similar occasion :-)
And if.. Heavy Metal Acid Freakonomics Blood-lust-Virgins does it fer you? s'OK too ;^>

SInce the 2-record set originated in Blighty, should you ever spot one/preferably two? in an Olde Records Shoppe I'd love to have one to send around, after copying to digi for obvious assists in the distribution. It be neither 'Classical' nor contemporary; it's immortal. Like the content. (Moi pays the freight natch).

Expand Edited by Ashton Aug. 25, 2019, 06:14:12 PM EDT
New The word "convoluted" comes to mind!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New True, yet the graph creates Clarity! killing off chaos; Edw. Tufte would award an A+ I woot ;^>
New So, should I buy GBP now for my trip next year? Or wait? :0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Hoo.. Boy.. !?
The emotional-center sez, "Sell Short Both"; but ya can't deal with something as fubar as Econ so glibly.
(But ya know that millions wanna Know; beware any didactic 'advice', eh?)

{{ swirly dung-colored mists rise from the Prize-podium ~|~|~|~ }}
Alex (not Ours): Pick one of the Doors
Contestant: Alex, I'll pick Door #3

Alex: Ha Ha! all three are the same (April Fool!}: You pay McConnell 1/2 of your net-worth (or we give him the PW for your Bermuda Bankster-stash.
New Oops. Missed one.
New Did I miss Boris shutting down the Parliament on that chart?
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     Peter: 'The Double Dishonesty of Boris Johnson’s Brexit Proposals' - (Ashton) - (9)
         Yup - (pwhysall)
         Here's fun. - (pwhysall) - (7)
             Wholly Shite - (Ashton)
             The word "convoluted" comes to mind! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 True, yet the graph creates Clarity! killing off chaos; Edw. Tufte would award an A+ I woot ;^> -NT - (Ashton)
             So, should I buy GBP now for my trip next year? Or wait? :0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 Hoo.. Boy.. !? - (Ashton)
             Oops. Missed one. -NT - (scoenye)
             Did I miss Boris shutting down the Parliament on that chart? -NT - (a6l6e6x)

I'm not flying anywhere.
157 ms