Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Somebody stole my anti-depressants.
I hope they're happy.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Oxymoron unless.. these came from India/China: who make-up All QC 'tests' ..per recent investigation
results and analysis

The Toll grows:
Ya can't even trust yer Happy-pills, never mind the ones which keep your ticker-tickin.

Chops:
Bottle of Lies book/10 years in assembling-with-DATA. Scarier than Dr. Caligarri's cabinet.
Discussed on npr/Forum yesterday, with author

Disaster-Kapitalism at its apex/thus nadir for those made of meat. (But Robots will save us the Medico-Industrial complex: no Meds needed.
New I need something. I keep blurting out, "Broccoli!" and "Cauliflower!"
I think I have florets.
-- Richard Stott

The anti-depressants one was Olaf Falafel. I would have credited that in the OP, but I didn't have a source. Now, I do: https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2019/aug/19/olaf-falafel-edinburgh-funniest-joke-award

I especially like Ross Smith's, "A thesaurus is great. There’s no other word for it."
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New I jest can't fail to awfuler a cauliflower bouquet for 'Asparagus Syndrome',
that sexist joke from tykehood: "Two old maids playing squat-tag in the field" (Yess it sucks in so many ways: it's 100%-Murican in origin, of course). I allus rutabaga against MAGA, but okra ain't my Oprah (or any other human bean).

Veggies are good; even the Germans see that: 'Mein schatz hats grün so gern' (My sweetheart loves Green so well} a bitter song from Die Schöne Mullerin/'The pretty Miller's daughter'.. who went for the green-clad Hunter over the pining yout (who later drowned self in The Brook..)

Ah.. that Schubert! ... wrote ~600 bitchin songs/died at 31. {sob} A mensch ..no less.
Captured the gemütlichkeit + perennial feelings of helplessness, despair aka Sadness du his jour (while still oer'crowing that all with delightful happy tunes).
Think: 2019 ~a couple centuries back.
* I wot that there are n- More homo-saps who screw-up others' psyches than ... vice-versa. (But then I've had less than a century to notice thence compute.)

* cf. The Menace ripostes today: that the Danish PM was 'not nice' for her response to the $$/coal/Greenland offer (as, "absurd"). So he stomps that lehtargic-foot and won't play-nice by going to the meeting. Thing.
I believe that the Oxford Unabridged must add 'meta-absurdity' ..with the full-Name deserved nod to its creator.
     Somebody stole my anti-depressants. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
         Oxymoron unless.. these came from India/China: who make-up All QC 'tests' ..per recent investigation - (Ashton) - (2)
             I need something. I keep blurting out, "Broccoli!" and "Cauliflower!" - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 I jest can't fail to awfuler a cauliflower bouquet for 'Asparagus Syndrome', - (Ashton)

This was a random error that most likely occurred when a ray of cosmic radiation hit a memory chip at just the right angle resulting in a bit changing from a 0 to a 1.
36 ms