IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Haven't quit!
Upgraded to an Ibanez RGEW521ZC - basically a hardtail super-strat shape, with a lovely natural ziricote finish. Roasted maple neck with a 12" radius is flat and so, so smooth. Rosewood 22-fret fingerboard and a couple of DiMarzio humbuckers. Easy to play and with a sweet clean tone. And the best-finished fret ends in its price range.

The Strat is still around, but I don't play it much. It's heavy, and the flat-wound strings on it aren't my thing - I slip and slide all over the place. I've given the Pacifica back to FiL, and I think the Strat will follow it.

Currently using a Vox Rhythm 5 Mini practice amp (nice at the £120-ish price), but considering an upgrade to an Orange Micro Terror and the funky little 8" cab that matches it. I've also got a horrid "Rockburn" practice amp which cost just £30, and sounds like it.

Now looking for a centre-block hollow-body for acoustic/bluesy noodlings - current prime candidate is an Epiphone Dot, which seems to strike the balance between cost and quality (and hoo boy, the law of diminishing returns applies - with a vengeance - to guitars). Also, I want a red one.

My playing is coming on. Open chords are pretty much sorted, barre chords are still kicking my arse (but less so) and I'm starting to work on my scales. I can murder simplified versions of a few songs now, including Brown Eyed Girl, Zombie, Born to Die. My next victim is going to be Folsom Prison Blues, because that'll force me to work on both my strumming (I'm a left-hooker playing right-handed, so my strumming is a bit clumsy) and getting into and out of the B7 chord, which I'm bad at.
New Re: Haven't quit!
Bought an Epiphone Dot in Cherry red. Delicious.

Nice flat fingerboard and a positively edible warm tone. The body shape is very comfy.

It helps that it's pretty as a picture, too.
New Glad to hear you're still at it!
Music is one of the very few human endeavors that actually lasts and speaks to multiple generations.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New So, you can't make up your mind on which? :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New You misunderstand
There is no "can't decide".

There is only "need both".
New Indeed. You've only just started (said the man with 4 banjos). ;0)
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
     I gone and done it - (pwhysall) - (22)
         Couldn't justify any more photo kit, huh? - (drook)
         For acoustic... - (mmoffitt) - (12)
             Nah, not my cuppa - (pwhysall)
             LOL - (malraux) - (10)
                 You mock Martin guitars? Toddler. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     Not at all. I'm mocking the thought that a beginner should buy a $7000 guitar. -NT - (malraux) - (7)
                         Okay. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                             True, but as I said these are good quality reproductions. - (malraux) - (1)
                                 No argument. - (mmoffitt)
                             $45K for a trigger's broom acoustic? - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 No worries. You'll develop taste some time. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     Not unless I develop a talent for acoustic death folk metal... -NT - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         ok I see your point - (boxley)
                 laying around my shack, electric guitar and base, violin some flutes - (boxley)
         I did that last year - (malraux)
         I bought a copy of Rocksmith some years ago. - (static)
         Haven't quit! - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Re: Haven't quit! - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Glad to hear you're still at it! - (mmoffitt)
                 So, you can't make up your mind on which? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     You misunderstand - (pwhysall) - (1)
                         Indeed. You've only just started (said the man with 4 banjos). ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

Eeeeeteeeee phone home.
89 ms