IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: teh chubby kittys
Among the four most common purebred breeds (Siamese, Persian, Himalayan and Maine Coon), cats usually hit their heaviest between six and 10 years old. However, other cat breeds seemed to be their heaviest at eight years old.

... and the difference between "8 years old" and "between six and 10 years old" is...

(maybe they're just implying that the spread (ha, ha) in years is less for the other breeds, but it's a weird distinction to make)
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New 'False precision' at work?
I mean, some care about %accuracy etc. as when a dollar store DVM says "6.000 volts" and ya just know/can verify: the sucker might be +/- 5% or worse. Doesn't matter much of the time, but when you're setting a REF-point for multiple voltages in some device.. It Do. matter.

[rant 101 on]
We're surrounded by just such (insensibility?) to differentiate when/where you need: that '17-place log table', or maybe "ten-nines" purity? to meet 'Spectroscopically-pure' chem-specs' or then just .."the gauge says a quarter-tank left"; it is not 25.000% left, 'cause that would be $stupid-specs
[/all futile rants]
;^>

(The number of digits on one of those space-objects soft-landings), oft 5 or 6 digits just in display: was worth beholding, however lost was that accomplishment on most viewers.
But moi grokked :-)

Ad recalled from tykehood: (radio--we had that then)

Ivory Snow(soap). It floats, ninety-nine-and 44/100ths percent Pure!
See: misinformation was spawned by The Business Class, mass-harbingers of all sloppy un-Truthiness in the galaxy, since.
     teh chubby kittys - (boxley) - (2)
         Re: teh chubby kittys - (malraux) - (1)
             'False precision' at work? - (Ashton)

I love RedBrick, it's the only database I've met than can consistently give different results for
Select count(*) from table
versus
select count(*) from table where 1=1
36 ms