1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Agreed, that table structure gives me the willies
--

Drew
New that table has been around for years
so I've learned, and columns have been added to it since it was created. Plus numerous programs access it so I can't do anything to it (after all, I'm just a contractor, not an employee).

Even better, the woman who wrote most of the ASP.Net applications and designed all of the tables in the database over a 12 year period left a few months before I was brought in, and the guy who her responsibilities dumped on him is still learning how all of the apps work. It makes it tough to ask a question to someone who may not even have touched that program yet.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New (This sounds a lot like a metaphor for the 'post-Drumpf-Era'); savor the comparo, eh? ;^>
New I'm just savoring the *idea* of the 'post-Drumpf-Era'
--

Drew
     trying to avoid creating spaghetti code here - (lincoln) - (8)
         Agree with pulling the logic into a cursor - (crazy) - (6)
             can't do it in code - (lincoln) - (5)
                 No clean way out without doing TBLUserProgramPlan over - (scoenye) - (4)
                     Agreed, that table structure gives me the willies -NT - (drook) - (3)
                         that table has been around for years - (lincoln) - (2)
                             (This sounds a lot like a metaphor for the 'post-Drumpf-Era'); savor the comparo, eh? ;^> -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 I'm just savoring the *idea* of the 'post-Drumpf-Era' -NT - (drook)
         I'd be tempted to see if I can do something with a sub-query. - (static)

As Ashton noted, it's a good one.
76 ms