IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "The perfect is the enemy of the good."
Obamacare barely squeezed by. If that item was nor dropped, Obamacare would not have happened at all.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New that bill was bought and paid for by the insurance companies
sure it gave people access by stripping access from people with decent plans. Todays offerings suck horribly compared to what was available earlier. Sure the insurance companies went along to ensure the poor but also ensured that people would have to py extremely high premiums with family deducatables that gre from $400 per family deductables to $7500 family deductables but paying the same rates. It was a rippoff from the getgo
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Sure, it expanded the market.
The hospitals, with fewer non-paying patients, liked it too.

Only the death panels didn't benefit.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Care to back up your FALSE claim?
it gave people access by stripping access from people with decent plans.

No, it didn't. It gave people access by expanding Medicaid (you know, the EVIL single payer option that must not be allowed to extend to all of us).

The plans that were outlawed were SCAMS of the first order. So called "Catastrophic Plans" that were a catastrophe to all those who got bilked out the premiums for them.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New care to back up your false claim about my accurate claim?
they were called cadillac plans and a draconian tax was put on any company that DARED to offer healthcare with a low deductable. My plan at the ISP was $400 per month family with a $750 annual deductible for a blue cross plan.

After Obamacare the price went to $850 with a $7500 annual deductable and higher co-pays because the prior plan was deemed cadillac and a hefty tax bill came with it so was no longer offered.
New And that, in a nutshell...
...is why insurance-based healthcare systems, unless super-heavily-regulated, are actual donkey balls.

You pay more, get worse care, and die sooner. Yay!

I'd ask "why do USians tolerate it?", but the answer is "statistically speaking, everyone in America thinks they're a temporarily embarrassed millionaire, so obviously healthcare is cheap when you've got millions to play with".

If the penny ever drops - that no, Fiona, you're not going to join the 1%, ever - then things will change.
New We should make people watch Ratatouille until they understand Ego's review
In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau’s famous motto, “Anyone can cook.” But I realize — only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere.

That also applies to being president it getting rich.

[edit - tyop]
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook July 17, 2019, 01:39:35 PM EDT
New Tell that to Farage.
You know, your next PM's good buddy.

Edit: linky.
bcnu,
Mikem

Expand Edited by mmoffitt July 17, 2019, 08:36:13 AM EDT
New He won't hear me
The sound will be excessively muffled by Donald's arse-cheeks.
New He's smart enough though..
to have realized that Satire is the best weapon against him and all who ride in her.
(Successfully?) censor the Beeb and ... it's a big Win for this mofo.

It's not Good that he's enough-smart to grok this :-/
New Nice try.
Your *employer* stripped you of that plan. Not the ACA. Rather than pay the tax, *they* dropped your plan. Why? Because shareholders!
bcnu,
Mikem

New private company
New Private companies have shareholders, too. HTH.
bcnu,
Mikem

Biden campaign's compulsive lying kicks into gear. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
         you not gonna beleive the lyin NYT are you :-) -NT - (boxley)
         "The perfect is the enemy of the good." - (a6l6e6x) - (12)
             that bill was bought and paid for by the insurance companies - (boxley) - (11)
                 Sure, it expanded the market. - (a6l6e6x)
                 Care to back up your FALSE claim? - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                     care to back up your false claim about my accurate claim? - (boxley) - (8)
                         And that, in a nutshell... - (pwhysall) - (4)
                             We should make people watch Ratatouille until they understand Ego's review - (drook)
                             Tell that to Farage. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 He won't hear me - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                     He's smart enough though.. - (Ashton)
                         Nice try. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             private company -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Private companies have shareholders, too. HTH. -NT - (mmoffitt)

I WAS HAVING FUN. CAPS EASIER READ.
97 ms