IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wonkette breaks down what was really going on with the border bill.
https://www.wonkette.com/nancy-pelosi-decides-not-to-let-trump-shoot-baby-hostages

[...]

Mike Pence also met with Pelosi earlier in the day to tell her that Trump would only sign the Senate version, repeating a veto threat Trump had made earlier in the week. Pence reportedly promised Pelosi the administration would put in place two of the protections the House bill had demanded: notifying Congress within 24 hours if a migrant child dies while in Customs and Border Protection custody, and limiting stays of minors in "temporary influx" baby jails to no more than 90 days.

Yes, that's far too long, especially given the requirement under the 1997 Flores settlement agreement that minors in "influx" be held no longer than 20 days before being released to a sponsor (usually a parent or other relative in the US). But up to now, HHS has exploited a real loophole in the regulations governing shelters: Flores doesn't apply to "temporary influx" shelters like the awful for-profit baby jail in Homestead, Florida. So a 90-day limit would be a microscopic "improvement" over what's been happening at the Homestead shelter, where about half of the kids have been held well over 20 days -- and some kids for up to 120 days. (Let's not forget: this isn't only due to the increasing numbers of immigrants -- it's very deliberate.)

Now the trick will be to get the administration to actually live up to those very limited commitments (haha, our naive optimism is showing).

The Senate bill does at least have one curb on the abusive practices that have kept migrant kids locked up longer. It would abolish the information sharing agreement between HHS and ICE, which has been a huge factor in slowing placements of kids with sponsors. HHS instituted background checks of every family member of people applying to sponsor the jailed kids, which slowed down placement. Worse, HHS sent that information to ICE, leading to mass arrests of undocumented family members. Big surprise! Applications to sponsor kids dropped sharply, and the numbers of kids in baby jails skyrocketed.

[...]

ObNancySoldUsOut...!!! ObButObummer...!! (Grouch-Roll-Eyes.gif)

Cheers,
Scott.
New It (really) Doesn't. Matter: the Criminal-in-Chief denies both Law+Constitution with total-impunity
as will continue so long as McConnell is un-Jailed for Failure to uphold ^the above^ == his Oath of Office
as will continue until certain Senators are tried-as-Traitors
as will continue so-long-as Murica remains incorrigible, unteachable and full-on-Cowardly, pewling infants

(I am unanimous in this mere reading of: dis-US ackshul History-to-date) aka qed.
YMMV if ... (your brain is fucked, too.)

For those needing movin-pichers, this Tale:

Guy finds his ex-Self before Mephistopheles-(HimSelf)
Gets tour of his possible eternal enviro {nice touch, that?}
Sees Lake of Fire, Pit with several Penduli a'swishin to & fro..
Finally, lake-sized room with people in-shit-up-to necks..
Says, "OK I'll go with That one".

Satan sez: You're In!
As Satan sidles away he yells:

OK everyone; coffee-break's Over: Down on your knees!
Hint: a fair allegory? re the dis-US this July-4th-Rah-Rah ..possibly-last such? (as ..a 'celebration')
New This, more than the plethora of other examples available, illustrates ...
exactly how much I over-estimated my countrymen. In 2016 I would not have ever thought such treatment possible and was firm in my conviction that should anything coming close to this horror ever rear its evil head in my country the streets of Washington would be awash in the blood of the perpetrators (to be precise, Pres, VP, Senators, Congress, DOJ, etc.)

But Trump's election has taught me the painful lesson that 42 per cent of my countrymen are scarcely worth the 25 cents a 45 caliber bullet costs.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New you can get those for a quarter? Tell me where I need to get some
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New How should we know where you need to get some, you unpunctuated buffoon?
New Could be a divide-1-by-0 problem 'twixt firmware and fingers
~ you forget whence came some thought ___? so there's no --> thence
butmusclememoryjustchugsalong

(Sorry about the Technical terms..)
New anyplace they sells em for a quarter?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Wonkette breaks down what was really going on with the border bill. - (Another Scott) - (6)
         It (really) Doesn't. Matter: the Criminal-in-Chief denies both Law+Constitution with total-impunity - (Ashton)
         This, more than the plethora of other examples available, illustrates ... - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             you can get those for a quarter? Tell me where I need to get some -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                 How should we know where you need to get some, you unpunctuated buffoon? -NT - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     Could be a divide-1-by-0 problem 'twixt firmware and fingers - (Ashton)
                     anyplace they sells em for a quarter? -NT - (boxley)

Why not just name him Hitler B. Evil?
88 ms