IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New as you stated, no standing for the FBI
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New There are many, many reasons why the FBI could be asked to investigate.
Including the Magnitsky Act:

Under the Magnitsky Act, the president has 120 days to respond to a direct request from Congress about possible violations. The request, made Oct. 10 in a letter signed by 11 Democratic and 11 Republican senators, required the administration to make a determination of responsibility for the killing, particularly including involvement by the Saudi royal family, and to act on it by imposing sanctions on responsible individuals.

“The President maintains his discretion to decline to act on congressional committee requests when appropriate,” a senior administration official said in a statement. “The U.S. Government will continue to consult with Congress and work to hold accountable those responsible for Jamal Khashoggi’s killing.”

The Trump administration cited the constitutional separation of powers and the precedent of the Obama administration in declining to meet what the lawmakers had called a deadline. The decision was expected, and a bipartisan Senate bill introduced Thursday would supersede the request and direct the president to impose sanctions on anyone — including Saudi officials and the royal family — he determines was “responsible, or complicit in, ordering, controlling, or otherwise directing” acts that caused or contributed to Khashoggi’s death.

[...]

U.S. intelligence agencies have concluded that Khashoggi’s killing was premeditated and almost certainly carried out on orders from Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. The Saudi government claims that the prince, who is the kingdom’s de facto ruler, was not involved. Trump announced in November that he would not downgrade the U.S. relationship with Saudi Arabia, regardless of whether Saudi rulers were culpable.

Donnie doesn't want them to, so they won't. That doesn't make his actions (directing the DOJ and FBI to refuse to comply) legal.

Yet another impeachment charge (failure to "faithfully execute" the laws, etc.) to add to the list.

But you knew all that. ;-p

Cheers,
Scott.
     Okay. So, Drumpf can actually still surprise me. - (mmoffitt) - (10)
         (recursively) Surprised at Your surprise.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             I grant that he's given me no reason to believe I can fully grok the depth of his depravity. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 tl;dr? Journalists don't Like Me; so kill them all, one-at-a-time. For Amerika. ⚑ -NT - (Ashton)
         Suprised that tRump worships a trillionaire family? -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         so a saudi prince has a saudi citizen whacked on saudi soil, whats the fbi got to do ith it - (boxley) - (5)
             Three of his 4 children have dual US citizenship for one thing. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 that doesnt effect standing... -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                     Duty to warn, terrorism, etc... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         as you stated, no standing for the FBI -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             There are many, many reasons why the FBI could be asked to investigate. - (Another Scott)

Not such a bad thing, to be farmed by rats...
45 ms