IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "The perfect is the enemy of the good."
Joe was firmly for desegregation, but his constituents in Delaware were not happy with the idea of busing. Politicians early in their career worry about getting re-elected and he gave in to their pressure. But, I believe he has evolved in showing more leadership. Certainly he has had a lot of support from the older black politicians who know him well.

Before I moved to Charlotte in 1979 (at IBM's expense), I was well aware of the federal courts forcing Charlotte's public schools to use busing to desegregate the schools. To avoid "white flight" to the suburbs, the schools system became a county system and busing was to be used have all schools reflect the population mix. The "white flight" was to private schools mostly church related. (That shows you where racism lives.)

Busing was in place close to a decade when we arrived. My youngest was in elementary school and bused several miles to West Charlotte. My wife had volunteered to help out at the school to be satisfied that things were done right.

The older two kids went to a South Charlotte high school where blacks were bused from West Charlotte. Both of them were bright students and took many AP (Advanced Placement) courses which had fewer blacks and more Asian students. One could argue that AP classes are an in-school discrimination.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Thanks for reminding of the Rock/Hard-place underlying ~every Pol.
Hope you're right and that Joe's horizons have widened ... enough. There's reason-enough for my vote--in the end--in your Title. But..
... this Year-in-Advance pre-election overload (because The Menace began his re-election campaign in Jan. 2017) Sucks so much that I hope for some Statute on the matter; I mean:

Look how long Blighty 'allows'. as-in-{sheesh}

Ever since the Twitter machine + The square-mouthed Toddler never stopped flapping that opening: I believe that the National-IQ has dropped measurably {PhD thesis in there somewhere).
New But when he's booted out of the nominations, you'll still vote for the Warren-Harris ticket, right?
New You Debbil, you..
     Biden's segregation actions were not just about 'civility' - (Ashton) - (9)
         I was neck-deep in politics in the mid 1970's. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
             Thanks for the stories. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Agreed. The Senate is key. - (mmoffitt)
             Damn! ..you may be a mere-'mathematician' but .... (plagiarizing): ... [I Kid!] - (Ashton)
         "The perfect is the enemy of the good." - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             Thanks for reminding of the Rock/Hard-place underlying ~every Pol. - (Ashton)
             But when he's booted out of the nominations, you'll still vote for the Warren-Harris ticket, right? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                 You Debbil, you.. -NT - (Ashton)
         (As via Kozol's Facts) it's looking like Biden--who never apologizes for pas inanities--will see - (Ashton)

The absence of evidence is the most damning evidence of all.
46 ms