IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So, I did a bit for Biden on Friday.
After the the Biden campaign announcement, I sent a C-note to the campaign. In my view, he has the best shot at getting Putin's pussy out of the White House. Think Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin.

Of course after that one gets deluged with emails which I delete on sight. But, one email heading that caught my eye mentioned the need for volunteers for the Jim Clayburn Fish Fry where almost all of the presidential candidates show up. SC has the first primary in the South, the first primary with a significant black voter participation and one known to weed out some candidates. Anyway, I signed up for a two hour shift.

Just before the leaving home, I got an email to go to the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center instead. It turns out that the South Carolina Democratic Party had a dinner scheduled as one of the early events for the convention they had this weekend.

Anyway, I spent a couple hours at one of the entrances, out in the heat, waving a Biden sign on a stick and offering Biden literature, and Biden badge stickers. The three black ladies with me didn't have a sign but had clipboards to collect contact information. The people coming in were "dressed to the T's" and many in military uniforms so of those who accepted the badges stickers were "to go", i.e. still attached to the backing. While there were many signs and posters from other presidential candidates about, we were the only candidate team there.

After the inbound traffic to the dinner evaporated, we walked about 3/4 mile over to the Fish Fry. That was one crazy mob scene. That's were all the other candidate teams were and we were greatly outnumbered. The fish dinner was free and there was one humongous line of people. The Biden team after some cheers were charged with going up and down the captured audience in the line to collect contact information and disperse badges and promo literature.

After about an hour I bailed out an headed for my car and about 2 hour trip home. No fish fry dinner, no seeing the presidential candidate speeches. It would take too long to get dinner and I had no idea when the speeches would come.

I've never donated to a presidential campaign before and never volunteered to do any work before.

Interesting day.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Thanks for the report!
gauchi attended the Town Hall Q&A with Mayor Pete.

Things are starting to heat up...

Cheers,
Scott.
New steve in the atl needs a remedial reading class
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New SC Democratic voters are about 60% black.
So, both Cory Booker and Kamala Harris are spending big bucks to get attention and come ou on top. Their representatives and volunteers were numerous and had colored T-shirts. We were issued basic white T-shirts with a two color Biden logo.

Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren both had a pretty good crews too.

One could really tell that Biden started late.

But, when all is said and done tRump will carry SC. I talked to one of those fancily dressed black women going to the SC Dem dinner who while is registered to vote had never voted!

I really need to get involved in the local Dem voter turn out efforts.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New Bully! for you..
Lots more suffering than I've borne in that milieu (with just a few exceptions.)

While the Intellectual-center favors the erudite Ms. Warren, it's quite possible that your Gut-decision is superior, since the Only Absolutely-ESSENTIAL-result I see as mattering
"more than a pitcher of warm spit" {to quote a former Presyudent} is:

Get That Mofo Out-of-There by all means possible/however unsavory.
(We may merely-prey-that: >50.001% of that un-collegial-College + their Constitutional power to Override ..wins the Abyss-toss, eh?)

Else: just may liquidate assets, live in/near my Tesla and await the dis-U.S. equivalent of, On the Beach.
Vroooom! ------> beats ..joining the AR-15-Warz amidst the tetched, twitchy and just bad-smelling.
     So, I did a bit for Biden on Friday. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
         Thanks for the report! - (Another Scott) - (2)
             steve in the atl needs a remedial reading class -NT - (boxley)
             SC Democratic voters are about 60% black. - (a6l6e6x)
         Bully! for you.. - (Ashton)

LRPDism spotted: Beavis And Butthead Cornholio Megamix
55 ms