IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I thought I'd throw you folks an update
On my deal....

Big changes afoot. My daughter just graduated HS. My "forever person"'s daughter graduated HS last year and has been living at home attending community college. The lease is up on our house in San Diego end of this month.

Time to downsize and try to get some cash saved as the giant house has been eating all the $ from my four jobs.

Kids are fine, getting an apt for the summer to work jobs together before splitting for their separate uni's (mine is headed to UC Merced).

Checked the rents for smaller places in San Diego and....they are not appreciably lower. I've been working for Mr George Soros's company Ciklum for a couple years and seldom bother to visit the office so I figured - why not go super cheap?

I'm moving to Rosarito Beach, Mexico. The San Diego office is still less than two hours away and I only seem to need to go once or twice a month and rents/costs are about 1/3 US costs.

So Viva Mexico. Adios USA. Possibly permanently. We shall see how it goes.

I just cannot afford the USA on my stagnant wages (making just a few bux less than I did in 2001).
New Wow. Big changes!
Thanks for checking in. Good luck to all of you.

Yeah, it's been a very rough road for you and far too many people. :-( Here's hoping 2021 brings a lot of positive changes here and everywhere....

Best wishes,
Scott.
New Best of luck you and thanks for the update!
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Ex-Pats Unite! (or ..also us wannabes should 2020 intensify the Full-down Slope of our prospects)
In the latter case: be prepared for a huge onslaught of such ..until Mexico--not entirely unaware of the Problemos de LOs Estados Dis-Unitas--begin adding a Head-Tax of Pesos-mucho as the toll.)

{sigh}

Wish you Well in your selected-locale; while there remains mucho-de-Mexico to despise. Still. Their morditas and other corruption pales into insignificance/in context:
compared to the moribund dis-US and all who contrive to steepen its descent into full Idiocracy®©™.

Have missed your savvy observations lo-these-many, er Years :-/
Do send a few.. from (maybe Barra de Navidad has, now--via Gringo-infestation?--descended a bit from its once rather Nice enviro. Oh. Well.)

Cheers,

moi
New thanks for the update, the move makes sense in a lot of ways with cali housing being high
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Good luck! Coastal living is the best living.
     I thought I'd throw you folks an update - (TB D) - (5)
         Wow. Big changes! - (Another Scott)
         Best of luck you and thanks for the update! -NT - (mmoffitt)
         Ex-Pats Unite! (or ..also us wannabes should 2020 intensify the Full-down Slope of our prospects) - (Ashton)
         thanks for the update, the move makes sense in a lot of ways with cali housing being high -NT - (boxley)
         Good luck! Coastal living is the best living. -NT - (pwhysall)

I don't think these were sliced from anything.
67 ms