IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: "(If G.T. is not the most concise, accurate and Wisest 'commentator' extant..." No, she isn't.
Large parts of Swedish-language Internet has been busy debunking her for quite a while now.

According to several plausible-seeming sources I've read, she's a hyped-up product of a PR company working with her parents, who are exploiting a vulnerable child as an international media circus... Exhibit.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the second coming of Joan of Arc she ain't. Or rather, she is: because a girl exploited by murkier powers seems to be what many nowadays regard Jeanne, too, as being.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New "several plausible-seeming sources" won't cancel-out What She Says
(Nor can I claim to be sufficiently informed to be aware of the Listicle of the ineviitable tribes of folk/not-merely-the Oily-type, the many well-satisfied folks for Bizness-as-$$$Usual.)
I do not reject your ~~sorta-data, but I'd need Links + (my peeping the Bios of the Spokesperson + His/Her sponsoring Org.) even to ponder something so-Like our local Disinformation Network as runs 24/7/365.

In brief: If I cannot recognize a series-of-sentences (via her 'filler-free' usual admirably-brief expositions): as Clear-fucking-logical Substance? then, given your pride in Correctness/thence irascible-disdain for the missing [;]:
Why bother reply to an obvious Incompetent. Eh? Quote one sentence of hers, either hyperbolic or just-plain-Rong.
(I may have missed a presentation/though it 'seems that' she finds Ink repeatedly/all over our meeja-variants).

tl;dr: It's the Substance of her messages I read; whatever maleficent or ugly-$$$-matters may?? well lurk behind other 'Agencies-at-work'l--
(and Yess, I Would presume likely: sans her clear-enough cognizance). Has she been confronted with any of these plausible-seeming sources? to your knowledge/verification?

I'll likely still buy her book when it comes out.

tFl;dr then: Show Me. After the 'seeming' gets removed: for Cause.
Correcting your riposte:
Well, there are other factors here which "plausible-seeming sources suggest" (not that I've checked/much.) ;^>
New But what does she say, really?
Just the obvious, only in such a way as to cause hysteria:

"Rah rah, the roof is falling! DO something!!!"

Yeah, well, everybody knows that already. She doesn't say what to do, because she doesn't know -- she's no climatologist or anything, just a kid skipping school. If she went to school in stead, maybe she could become a climatologist and come up with what to do.

So what's the actual use? None that I can see, just giving gullible people a Jesus figure. Which is not useful in my book; cf above-mentioned Joan of Arc: a historical curiosity, a tragic figure without any actual influence on events in the end. TBH, I'm a bit disappointed in how easily-bamboozled you're seeming to be here.
--

Christian R. Conrad
The Man Who (used to think he) Knows Fucking Everything

Mail: Same username as at the top left of this post, at iki.fi
New Jeez, CRC ..get out much?... "Yeah, well, everybody knows that already."
NOT HERE. Nor for a certain-% within those places whose basic-educational systems actually function.

Who are these everybody of whom you speak? Cohorts at a Tech operation? Those who, on average grok Science? for having had enough contact (say, actually doing such) so as to comprehend how it is that scientists always doubt new theories: as a virtual necessity. Indeed in Euro--or so I have heard repeatedly--there is widespread awareness of how science works and people somewhat comprehend the numerous ways via which error and/or sloppiness are actively investigated.

HERE, innumeracy is rife and even Ohm's Law (the simplest possible use of algebra) is unknown to most ..by now you know that drill. For you and yours, presumably many fewer are in need of her efforts merely to state the Obvious. She isn't talking to --> You. That isn't her mission. (But I'd bet that many--already ept--enjoy the clarity with which she focusses attention on Pols) in direct confrontation of their fecklessness, often hypocrisy and worst of all: patently placing their sinecures above ... extinction of uncountable species along with homo-sap.

(I know not how? if? her messages get to the Trump-loved dictatorships all around. But screw your characterization of hysteria--whoever is listening. See title; your presumption is ludicrous. I note that you offer no clarifications of your last presumptions as quite limn what our local Trumpists would say/maybe verbatim.

HERE: her message is pellucid and needed, its simplicity is the correct level for reaching the many tribes who brag of their ignorance/per Alex's sig. Her efforts may.. just.. nudge a few of these lo-information, lo-imagination and low-expectations folk to FINALLY just. think. about the Topic. IMO she's a Mensch.

Corroborate your gossip (so just-like-Murican-gossip) or let it just evanesce. It's debatable OR it's just BS-with Swedish accent.
New I know Yank-land is weird. Those who don't want to know won't listen to one screechy kid either.
New 97.2 º F. yesterday, here in 'balmy' CA/North.. When shoe-soles stick to tarmac, regularly.. well--
ya know?
New There were days in April when the Arctic was +6.8C above baseline. (Yikes!)
Some scary graphs are here:

https://climatereanalyzer.org/reanalysis/daily_maps/

Cheers,
Scott.
New Sorry about your locale.. 'I'm Alright Jack™' ;^>
ALAS.. I ƒeare that too-Many Muricans shall adopt ^this^ ethics-free mien of sludge-Funds-by-any-name. As matters --> escalate.
It is all they Know to GET--> that Murican Dreamscape. No matter-What. No matter Who.
Surely an ideal LItmus -test of a 'society's coherence. I mean, when everyone-else is a [-]-charged-ion
and You are a ditto: well w.t.f. did we'unses expect from Brownian-movements?

Carrion.. it's an acquired taste.
Just managed to see eldest kitteh sprawled on (freshly watered-down earlier) front porch. Gently catnapped her into the comfy-still interior :-)
One down/one to find--hopefully Tux shall head to the Creek (he's Black/white paws=='Tuxedo') and he doesn't know beans about thermodynamics or infrared.
(Well.. maybe as much then, as an average Murican).
New PS: is *this* where you got that 'hysterical' dog-whistle?
Independent/UK

Ms Thunberg, who has become one of the most recognisable faces of climate activism since initiating the school strike movement last year, has been cited in nearly two-thirds of those.

She was mentioned in 384 posts by AfD accounts in March and 243 last month, according to ISD data.

Other far-right organisations have also taken aim at Ms Thunberg, depicting her as a fraud and mocking her for having Asperger’s syndrome, which is on the autism spectrum. Tatjana Festerling, a former leader of the anti-Islam group Pegida, called the teenager “mentally retarded” in a social media post in February.

AfD candidates in this month’s European parliament elections, in which the party is expected to make significant gains, have suggested Ms Thunberg should seek treatment for “psychosis” and compared her to Nazi youth.

..and So It Goes --> 'Right-->' on schedule.
New No.
New ..that's a Good.
     Greta Thunberg's speeches to be rushed out as a book - (Ashton) - (11)
         Re: "(If G.T. is not the most concise, accurate and Wisest 'commentator' extant..." No, she isn't. - (CRConrad) - (10)
             "several plausible-seeming sources" won't cancel-out What She Says - (Ashton) - (9)
                 But what does she say, really? - (CRConrad) - (8)
                     Jeez, CRC ..get out much?... "Yeah, well, everybody knows that already." - (Ashton) - (7)
                         I know Yank-land is weird. Those who don't want to know won't listen to one screechy kid either. -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                             97.2 º F. yesterday, here in 'balmy' CA/North.. When shoe-soles stick to tarmac, regularly.. well-- -NT - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 There were days in April when the Arctic was +6.8C above baseline. (Yikes!) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                     Sorry about your locale.. 'I'm Alright Jack™' ;^> - (Ashton)
                             PS: is *this* where you got that 'hysterical' dog-whistle? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 No. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                     ..that's a Good. -NT - (Ashton)

Hey, it was good enough for Terry Pratchett.
82 ms