IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ..a Fire-extinguisher re 'debates' as lead to Fire-in-bellies, amidst umm.. topics du jour
Was searching jelloware for title of the ditty--a century-ago origin but clearly in American argot--you'll see.
duh.. (still haven't made the easy search for title; realized I had in permanent-mem the exact Refrain /all ye need.)

Posit then,
Perhaps the 'topic' has led from just occasional mere-sarcasm and Oneself's?/Opponent's? argot has reached --> ummm, Full-frontal Accusative! mode (say s/he's 40+ years older, red-faced apoplexic and like that.) Y'might just have been practicing the Gotchas of recreational-fun-stuff-with words. For t'other: an Existential crisis {{sob}}

OK ... the refrain:

[...]
Come down my Rain-barrel,
Come down my Cellar-door
We *shall be Jolly-friends
For ever more
[...]

That's it. And if it's Dire-straits: you Sing that refrain ..as the temperature drops from 451

Believe that the author of above ... Got that. To a fare-thee-well (-head?)
* Only later in Ranguage-awareness was I introduced to how-it-is that, the sense, intent of usage of shall/will ... demands subtlety in the choice; for just one Singular case, I Will is stronger a determination than Shall; second-or-(collective)-Person(s): "You Shall" is a veritable Command! {silent: Or Else!}

Oblig. re-Tip-of-Hat to Stuart Chase's The Tyranny of Words It works for young-uns--he Wrote it for this--esp if precocious, on up, specially if one's mindset had been dismissive of the nuances ('cause you already Kewled the four-or-so hundred list) which gots ya through Murica ..sans a nose-punch or Ricin-dart.

Confucius was fucking-Right all along (Could 1 in 10,00 ever have heard that quip? torn from maybe-Argosy, a pulp magazine, in the '50s.)

Carrion
..while re-reading A Canticle for Leibowitz.
Remember: any One of us just might ..some years after moving from caves to thatched-roof domiciles? see *Our* "laundry list" revered as Sacred Text
(They might next carry you around on a pallet, after you've shown them how to make moccasins (Not the snake-kind.))
New Here'a a link to the lyrics:
Songs for teaching

Playmate, Come Out And Play With Me
Hey, hey, oh playmate,
Come out and play with me
And bring your dollies three
Climb up my apple tree

Slide down my rain barrel
Into my cellar door
And we'll be jolly friends
Forever more, more, more.

So sorry, playmate
I cannot play with you
My dolly's got the flu
Boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo

Ain't got no rain barrel
Ain't got no cellar door
But we'll be jolly friends
Forever more, more, more.

Also a YouTube video.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x June 9, 2019, 11:04:01 PM EDT
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x June 9, 2019, 11:24:26 PM EDT
New Thanks! hadn't gotten a round-tuit..
Awww.. kids, kittehs cute as a-bug's-ear.. (How different adulthood; one retains a sort of equanimity and the charm); the other ranges ~ anywhere between ± ∞ sometimes in the same day? (do I detect a Cosmic-error in the Op-amp which should regulate the umm, 'Id'-thing? in the latter.) Bad compile in that Natural-selection

Just goes to show that, even the version I heard ..was somewhat bogosified/or I simply mumbled Line 2, sloth at an early age.
(My recollection was that "the cellar door" was really that sloped double-door re tornadoes ..because: Wizard of Oz?) just a w.a.g.

Nobody then ever could have imagined ..later on ... applying a stanza! re some totally screwed-up little boy ... with a Bag-man at his command (let alone re The Planet).
We're Here and ... We Can't, really.
     ..a Fire-extinguisher re 'debates' as lead to Fire-in-bellies, amidst umm.. topics du jour - (Ashton) - (2)
         Here'a a link to the lyrics: - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Thanks! hadn't gotten a round-tuit.. - (Ashton)

As diplomatic as an Italian politician...
84 ms