IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Google is doing something odd with movie listings
On my phone if I search for "movies" I get listings of what's playing near me. If I tell my browser to show me the desktop site I get normal search results, with Fandango and the other ticket brokers up top.

I can't find a way to get local listings from Google on the desktop. Am I missing something obvious?
--

Drew
New Behaves the same way here. Dunno.
New Google knows where all the cell towers are and they know which one you are talking to
https://feeds.computerworld.com/article/2540251/google-service-uses-cell-towers-to-locate-users.html

No GPS required.

Geolocation for fixed lines is nowhere near as accurate so G most likely doesn't show local listings to avoid blunders.
New Try it with Location Services turned off?
That should give you an idea if they're using that to help service your request.

Wade.
New I'm more interested in getting it working on the laptop
--

Drew
     Google is doing something odd with movie listings - (drook) - (4)
         Behaves the same way here. Dunno. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Google knows where all the cell towers are and they know which one you are talking to - (scoenye)
         Try it with Location Services turned off? - (static) - (1)
             I'm more interested in getting it working on the laptop -NT - (drook)

"First they came for the verbs and I said nothing, for verbing weirds language. Then they arrival for the nouns and I speech nothing, for I no verbs." - Peter Ellis
81 ms