IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Seems an extraordinarily Hard-nut to crack {even in ballet..}
In any "court" or authentic Court--Alabama --> Zaire--the case begins from an inescapable premise: do we choose A? or B?

[A] Trash the chances of a possibly excellent teacher, henceforth? conclude that this was not a mere-Oops, was IT?, implying that she missed-cold the obvious +/- of proceeding.. at all (or is too socially-inept even to have had that thought?} OR

[B] decide that the risk was Worth-it: to inculcate--in all factions auditioning--a Koan well-worth that risk and needed specially by {any remaining perps-in-class who never Considered what 'Racism' meant} and-today-Still Means, THUS: she bet-her-career upon: doing the Right thing rather than a cowardly-punting..
[Rest both Cases] as..

you cannot Properly throw this Event into the maw of ..[Fred Rodell/Yale Law again] of the pseudo-'science' of the Law: until/unless you have employed Human [R]eason and emotion ..all of which speaks to the character/range of considerations of that Teacher ..before she put on this teaching-Skit. Soon as it becomes 'federal-case': much of this crucial aspect shall become swamped within {a plethora of Statutes, personal prejudices [+/-] etc.}

[It does not matter which of these coin-flips I would decide-upon: it IS a Hard-nut]
but I'd Hope that some sanity creeps-in as Others are deciding whether to berate..? or Throw a Parade-for: the person at the fulcrum of Two Centuries of 'Murican HYPOCRISY-with-every-breath taken.
[Rest the Case of moi.]

er {{sheesh}} All-the-above CAN-be twisted any way a $$clever-Pol sees a way to advance her/his chances for further sinecure. Right??
And THAT is how Muricans have successfully-MURDERED-Language ... (beginning quite earlier than this Determinative.. 'year'). Fuck. US.

:Usual oTpy
Expand Edited by Ashton June 4, 2019, 06:13:43 PM EDT
New I don't think it's a hard call.
It basically boils down to this:

Is it ever a good idea to put chains (imaginary or otherwise) on an eight year old child?

YMMV, but for me the answer is obvious.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New Most likely, "she Meant well" won't SHA.
So then.. did they suffer Trauma? or Enlightenment for learning of an environment--within the dis-USA--which actually Was/still Is within the tiniest minds.

(Am I Alone in massively regretting the candy-coated 'Civics' classes)? wherein the always-somewhat-DIS USA: was presented with all Unicorns all. the. time. (I went on to HS at age-11; maybe that's a disqualifier for any generalizations here.) Por moi then: many years were wasted within that Big Lie; it was incomprehensible that Teachers dared-not Tell us impressionable ones The Truth/or at least periodic doses of the easier-truthiness.

'Course I do see the dilemma: had a one or a few stepped-over-the-baldfaced-Lying: I would have witnessed a prescient soap-opera like [see ^above^] So what's "best": comfy Unicorns--sugary-lies help you feel Exceptional/like your faux-'country'.. sans any actual-Facts about same.
It's hard to believe that Teacher vastly over-stepped here (re Slavery!!?) within the current miasma wherein massive-lying brought the (previously-sedated: brought some of these) into more-'Real' evidence of our National-Dreamscape all along. Believe that, within the despicable-Drumpf-Shogunate:

A Teacher should take larger risks than ever before. I demur re your one-liner; it's a low-level auto-Response which begs the Question of Why (this teacher may have created this sketch/just Now/such as the dis-US Is). And such as She-is.
New You think Civics classes were difficult for YOU?
At 12, I had a course titled something like 'Comparative Political Systems'. It was a *required* course back then for all seventh graders. I had the distinct (dis?)advantage of having spent a school year in the Soviet Union by then, so it was abundantly clear to me when the textbook and teacher began lying about Marxism and even Soviet policies. I distinctly remember being sent to the Principal's office for one exchange I had with the teacher. I don't remember if the book actually said this, but I do remember the teacher saying, "From my own readings I've learned that in the Soviet Union, once you get to a certain age, you are denied medical treatment." Impulsively I bellowed out, "Oh, for God's sake. If you want to discredit the Soviet Union's policies, you don't have to just make stuff up out of thin air." Off to the Principal's Office I went where the Principal was familiar with my background and when he read the note about what had happened, he looked up at me and smiled. He told me the teacher would be very angry with him if he sent me straight back to the classroom, so I was to sit quietly in his office until the bell rang. The bell finally rang and then he said something that still rings in my ears. He said, "Mike, he's a Bircher and you're not going to change his mind. Best to keep your views to yourself in his class this term and pretend to believe what he says." I was completely flummoxed.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New ¡Wow! ..
..just. Wow. You win the Wunderkind-du-jour Award on several levels; ~fluent (enough, I presume) in pre-Evul-Empire/Reagan daze, reading/writing in that very place; thence a good start on just plain Cuth + the guts to confront an Asshole (and restraint avoiding employing same) and daring The Accusative inner-voice .. to boot. {{sigh}}

Por moi: having met 'My Bircher-live' Gramma, I possessed merely the small-wits to Notice her dogmatic views on {well, Everything?} garnered as a 9-yo, sans any authentic USSR-ken at all. Absent then any debating-skillz, (likely I also lacked the Guts to fling such a Truthiness-koan at --> a Teechur, either.) You can't be making-this-up as, manifestly you do not suffer from er, a cringing need for Ego-enhancement.

(How nice too that the Principal [with Principles!] did not merely elide facing you with patronizing platitudes but: revealed your Teech as-a-Bircher--presumably building from earlier encounters with you--also comprehended that you Would know the exact-implications of just that one word, 'Bircher'/needing no long-winded philosophical intro. It's a bitchin Tale, I wot.

(I must remain self-satisfied via a lesser confrontation)--a physics 'blue-book-test' at Institute--wherein I deemed that A Problem was complexificated {so as to mis-lead us proles?}--when I compared the presentation with Niels Bohr's ..somewhat nebulous 'Cloud Theory of the Electrons around atoms. Alas, there:
The Grader (a harassed Grad-student du jour/much like the Blue-coated Interns in Med School, underpaid and overworked) had not the wit to respond-in-Kind, saying only: Is this a pun? {sigh}

Carrion ..sometimes it's the cumulative detritus from having missed n opportunities to overcome some ~petty-tyrant via a pellucid retort of logic-with-a-Sting :-(

Example of such in a similar venue/merely read about:

Q. on Test: ~How would you use (a pressure gauge?) to determine the height of (a tall building?--I forget)
A. (several, also ~
1) tie a string to it, lower to ground; measure.
2) swing the thing (at top) measure its (inertial) action; ditto at bottom; calculate.
3) drop it off the top; calc from Time, the height.
4) more (another might have been: measure the shadow cast by the 'Px gauge' thence ratio of shadow cast by building (?) ..Heh ..heh.

Seems the Teech marked it 'F' (he never mentioned the Wanted -reply re altimeters).
IIRC there was a kerfluffle; student Appealed; wiser heads prevailed. He HAD given several answers to problem-as-stated. Loved. It. aka The Precise is the enemy of the Nebulous.
When we're in one of those kewl /also cool caves, folk shall be amusing selves with such tales, ever demonstrating..
Of all sad tales of tongue or pen
The saddest are these
It might have been

Under 'apologies for the length of this: I had not the time to make it concise':
(Maybe someone's solar-laptop shall contain legions of unread-zIWE?)
..when they've re-read The Iliad, The Odyssey twice already ..and transistorized-guitars have worn out, at least 'figuratively'. ;^>
     Americans are superficially good people. - (mmoffitt) - (14)
         er, is that a q.e.d. (optional: '?') - (Ashton)
         From just the bit you quoted, one would assume... - (CRConrad) - (12)
             Could go either way - (drook) - (11)
                 Not Tom Sawyer, or even Huck Finn (which is what I *think* you're referencing). - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                     Yes, Huck Finn - (drook)
                     How does that short description contradict my guess as to the teacher's possible intention? -NT - (CRConrad) - (3)
                         That's a trailing pachyderm. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                             I was thinking they'd all get over it. Didn't think it'd necessarily be that bad (if done right). -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                 GMTA -NT - (Ashton)
                 Seems an extraordinarily Hard-nut to crack {even in ballet..} - (Ashton) - (4)
                     I don't think it's a hard call. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                         Most likely, "she Meant well" won't SHA. - (Ashton) - (2)
                             You think Civics classes were difficult for YOU? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                 ¡Wow! .. - (Ashton)

In the arms of a jungle animal instinct.
131 ms