IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New $5999 for the new MacPro?!!1 Ouch.
New Re: $5999 for the new MacPro?!!
Yeah, and that’s the entry level configuration. Max it out and pair it with the new monitor and its stand (itself sold separately), and you’re probably out something approaching twenty large.

Nice design, though. I will certainly consider the purchase if ever my investments in California lottery futures ever pan out.

I wonder whether the remaining inventory of the “trash can” model might see some steep discounts later in the year?

cordially,
New I spoke too soon
Max out the new Pro and you’re apparently closer to $50K.

That would put a pretty big dent in the ol’ rainy day fund.

cordially,
New Hmmm re your last..
Mebbe moi and Peter Can get that lovely centerpiece of bric-a-brac Shininess-black: an aid to Art-appreciation ..for a pittance
(should I in some fey moment fail to consider Ashley Brilliant's koan)

In the final analysis, everything depends upon everything else. [within a triangular --> arrows icon] on my fridge.
New one does wonder
…whether the “trash can” Pro, the non-configurable ebony cylinder launched with Apple’s usual hoopla six years ago (and now fallen down the Cupertino memory hole—its very existence scrubbed from the site) might now be had at a severely discounted tariff. Decades ago, when the company found itself with a few thousand unsold Lisa computers, and following an attempt briefly to rebrand these as the “Macintosh XL,” Apple disposed of the remaining inventory by plowing them into a landfill.

I suspect that so comparatively few of the Pro cylinders were sold in the first place that the used market will not be flooded with them. Steep discounts are, accordingly, likely not in prospect.

Here at The Crumbling Manse™, Big Cheese, my 2010/2012 tower (firmware upgrade), continues to give more than satisfactory performance with its 64GB RAM, multiple SSDs and untethered Mudbrick applications. Sure, it’s stranded in the High Sierra, never to traipse about in the dark of night picking desert blooms in the Mojave, much less surfing off Catalina, but in twenty months I have never regretted its purchase, which is more than I can say for some other Apple products I’ve brought home since 1982.

cordially,
New I looked recently
They're still incredible money, given their old'n'crusty status.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Apple-Desktops-All-in-Ones/111418/i.html?Release%2520Year=2013&_sop=12&_dcat=111418&_nkw=mac%20pro&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Note that the above query is just not for a bunch of chancers asking optimistically high prices - that's actual sold boxes.
New They don't like you don't like
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/06/05/apple_stand_copyright_lockdown/

DMCA takedowns flung at clips containing the audience reaction (Booo! Hisss!) when the price of the monitor stand is revealed.
New Streisand Effect, anyone?
Seriously, who thinks that works in this day and age?
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New It only hurts if you get one! :)
I'm feeling no pain.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     $5999 for the new MacPro?!!1 Ouch. -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
         Re: $5999 for the new MacPro?!! - (rcareaga) - (6)
             I spoke too soon - (rcareaga) - (3)
                 Hmmm re your last.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                     one does wonder - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         I looked recently - (pwhysall)
             They don't like you don't like - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Streisand Effect, anyone? - (malraux)
         It only hurts if you get one! :) - (a6l6e6x)

Oh, freddled gruntbuggly! Thy micturations are unto me!
76 ms