IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Theodore Roosevelt on “malefactors of great wealth”
He’s not much celebrated by today’s GOP, notwithstanding the Mt. Rushmore thing and all. Why, you may ask?
Too much cannot be said against the men of wealth who sacrifice everything to getting wealth. There is not in the world a more ignoble character than the mere money-getting American, insensible to every duty, regardless of every principle, bent only on amassing a fortune, and putting his fortune only to the basest uses —whether these uses be to speculate in stocks and wreck railroads himself, or to allow his son to lead a life of foolish and expensive idleness and gross debauchery, or to purchase some scoundrel of high social position, foreign or native, for his daughter. Such a man is only the more dangerous if he occasionally does some deed like founding a college or endowing a church, which makes those good people who are also foolish forget his real iniquity. These men are equally careless of the working men, whom they oppress, and of the State, whose existence they imperil. There are not very many of them, but there is a very great number of men who approach more or less closely to the type, and, just in so far as they do so approach, they are curses to the country.
I wonder what he would have thought of the short-fingered vulgarian? (original MS reproduced here).

cordially,

Edit: punctuation.
Expand Edited by rcareaga May 30, 2019, 12:58:23 AM EDT
New Amen!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New nice find thank you, the hand written parts can be hard to parse
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New (Who?/amongst today's pundits does not Wish I'd Said That) =so many other stabs fail tl;dr: the 'dr'
being the frequent/unfortunate consequence of the less-disciplined stabs: Message not delivered.

{{sigh}}

er, tl;dr: V. Nice synchronicity in your extirpating just-This from the mass of such a scale, (over the Ages, even?)
[ Two shrinks pass on the street ... One says, "You're fine; how am I?" ]
     Theodore Roosevelt on “malefactors of great wealth” - (rcareaga) - (3)
         Amen! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         nice find thank you, the hand written parts can be hard to parse -NT - (boxley)
         (Who?/amongst today's pundits does not Wish I'd Said That) =so many other stabs fail tl;dr: the 'dr' - (Ashton)

The website with matched socks.
57 ms