IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New annals of hot air
You call it “methane” or “natural gas.” The Department of Energy calls it “freedom gas” and “freedom molecules.”

No, really (emphasis added):
“Increasing export capacity from the Freeport LNG project is critical to spreading freedom gas throughout the world by giving America’s allies a diverse and affordable source of clean energy. Further, more exports of U.S. LNG to the world means more U.S. jobs and more domestic economic growth and cleaner air here at home and around the globe,” said U.S. Under Secretary of Energy Mark W. Menezes, who highlighted the approval at the Clean Energy Ministerial in Vancouver, Canada. “There’s no doubt today’s announcement furthers this Administration’s commitment to promoting energy security and diversity worldwide.”

“Approval of additional LNG exports from Freeport LNG furthers this Administration’s commitment to promoting American energy, American jobs, and the American economy. Further, increased supplies of U.S. natural gas on the world market are critical to advancing clean energy and the energy security of our allies around the globe. With the U.S. in another year of record-setting natural gas production, I am pleased that the Department of Energy is doing what it can to promote an efficient regulatory system that allows for molecules of U.S. freedom to be exported to the world,” said Assistant Secretary for Fossil Energy Steven Winberg, who signed the export order and was also in attendance at the Clean Energy Ministerial.
Entire press release at the link. You know, I’m beginning to think that this administration’s institutional culture might be affecting the rest of the Executive Branch. There’s a bad smell over at DOE—methane, maybe?

cordially,
New you want freedom fries with that?
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New dupe
Expand Edited by Ashton May 30, 2019, 03:47:04 AM EDT
New It's simple, they've whole-heartedly embraced, "Better Dying Through Chemistry"/mayhap Dow will sue
Great Hastur and Cthulhu in a bob-sled, they've A.I.-ed Drumpf's Brain.
Add: to Innumeracy, Illiteracy ... The double-plus-good New-friendly-unChemistry.

..and I thought we had reached Marianas-Trench-depths-of-depravity. A week or so ago.
It seems that, (unlike 'N. of the N. pole') you Can have [-]Depths too? Surreal + surrealer.
New Great summary (from slashdot)
What remains to be discovered is if there is any lower threshold of demonstrable partisan play/stupidity where Trump and the Republicans that defend him can be embarrassed enough to distance themselves from it.

From the looks of it we haven't reached that yet.
--

Drew
New let me know when we get all the way back to here
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New No ROFL; it's Truthiness-in-full-colour.
New BEST quote of the year (to date)

spreading freedom gas sounds like what happens when you’re newly single and suddenly have the apartment to yourself.

https://slate.com/business/2019/05/freedom-gas-molecules-of-freedom-department-of-energy.html

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
     annals of hot air - (rcareaga) - (7)
         you want freedom fries with that? -NT - (boxley)
         dupe -NT - (Ashton)
         It's simple, they've whole-heartedly embraced, "Better Dying Through Chemistry"/mayhap Dow will sue - (Ashton)
         Great summary (from slashdot) - (drook) - (2)
             let me know when we get all the way back to here - (boxley) - (1)
                 No ROFL; it's Truthiness-in-full-colour. -NT - (Ashton)
         BEST quote of the year (to date) - (lincoln)

I tried it. Little sweet explosions with disgusting texture. It was awful.
90 ms