IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 'THE SECRET-WEAPON-THAT-WON-WORLD-WAR-II' (Alex? yer alma mater, again)
Here but.. it's the PBS-Owner's site, with scheduled broadcast all over ... NOT (for us lazy-masses: go/peek free/clicky-clicky). Pity that. If'n you spot a Viewing place somewhere, please do Share.

Fascinating history of [no spoiler] and events from GB-->US and onwards; mind-boggling What was accomplished/How-speedily ..with movin-pix along the way.
Kinda reminds of.. how making-a-fire on demand (via carrying small burning stuff within a wooden cage!) got us to ---> the 4-KV-arc in a pocket lighter now. We bo so jaded..

Hint: cavity.
New Well, damn!
I'm a member of SCETV, i.e. SC's PBS network, but they don't seem to know about that program.

MIT was all in supporting the WW-II war effort. Here'e a link to some of the exact topic you brought up:

Physics and War : 1940-1945.

"Building 20" (second photo in above article), which was supposed to be a temporary wooden structure, was still there when I was a student (graduating in 1961) and the 4 years I worked at MIT afterwards. But, the building was used for other purposes.

When I needed to buy parts or equipment for my projects, I used Radiation Lab purchasing infrastructure. [edit: actually, the name was changed to Research Laboratory of Electronics (RLE) in 1946]

And, thanks!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
Expand Edited by a6l6e6x May 27, 2019, 11:09:09 PM EDT
     'THE SECRET-WEAPON-THAT-WON-WORLD-WAR-II' (Alex? yer alma mater, again) - (Ashton) - (1)
         Well, damn! - (a6l6e6x)

We've got a whole bag of *tsht* with your name on it!
60 ms