IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yup.
Plus it wasn't that much money for 2x16 DDR4. $150? $200? I forget.

It can start to be expensive to wait too long to upgrade RAM. Older RAM generations seem to become profit centers for someone. E.g. Crucial 2x16 DDR3 is around $280 on Amazon at the moment.

The Prime X470 Pro motherboard still has another pair of RAM slots available, also too.

One thing I didn't appreciate on ordering everything was the throbbing multicolor LEDs on the AMD fan and the motherboard. It's kinda pretty, but if you don't want to be distracted by them don't get a case with a glass window. ;-) (There may be a way to turn them off, but I haven't bothered to check.)

Cheers,
Scott.
New phillips screwdriver, works on warning lights in dash as well
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Ooh, get her with her dollar dollar bills, y'all.
£165 is the current asking for a 2x16 kit from Crucial.

I've got a CoolerMaster Silencio 550 case - plain black mid tower, with extra sound insulation. And no window. There could be a disco going on in there, and I can't hear or see it :D

I need to do some maintenance. The front fan is a bit grumbly after six years and needs replacement, but I'm lazy and haven't bothered. This is shocking because it's both easy and cheap to do.

I also need to replace the power supply with a fully-modular one (the cable management is :sadface:), and the current boot disk which is a SATA SSD needs replacing with an M.2 NVME equivalent.
     Acquisition speculation: New lap- or possibly desktop computer. - (CRConrad) - (22)
         OK! - (pwhysall) - (5)
             Only comment re: hybrid drives - (malraux) - (1)
                 oops - (pwhysall)
             Component Pricing - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Beware of PC Part Picker too :-P - (malraux) - (1)
                     Not my experience, but ymmv -NT - (pwhysall)
         Pick your budget first, then decide on the parts. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             32GB? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Pffft. Chrome. -NT - (malraux) - (3)
                     Yup. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         phillips screwdriver, works on warning lights in dash as well -NT - (boxley)
                         Ooh, get her with her dollar dollar bills, y'all. - (pwhysall)
         Thanks, guys, great food for thought! - (CRConrad) - (2)
             I got an Lenovo L390 for work, too. - (Another Scott)
             Asus GL703GE - (scoenye)
         Frist p0st...! - (CRConrad) - (6)
             and its purty too! -NT - (boxley)
             Nice. Never had you down as a fashionista, but every day's a schoolday. -NT - (pwhysall) - (4)
                 Not "fashionista", more work aversion (and some "reverse male insecurity"). - (CRConrad) - (3)
                     Re: OT: "Red Edition" - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                         Wouldn't "Red Chinese" be more au courant? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                             No, the REAL Chinese -- i.e, not the "Red" ones: - (CRConrad)