IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ashton asks in another forum
(“Religion and Metaphysics,” presumably because of the connection to eschatology) whether the military will “save us” should BoltoTrump decide to nuke Iran and, what the hell, in for a kiloton, in for a megaton, North Korea as well.

Short answer: No and N/A.

No because of the whole Commander-in-Chief mythos. If the short-fingered vulgarian wants other fingers to push the button, the said fingers will join the rest of the hand in salute, “Yessir!” and dispatch the projectiles. N/A because Iran hasn’t the weaponry nor NK anything like a reliable delivery system with which to strike back.

Of course, such an act would smash irretrievably the postwar order and our domestic politics, so perhaps I should revise my answer to “no and no.” Our urban centers would survive for a time, but we would not be saved from the dire unwinding of the consequences of such madness.

I need a drink. It’s after five, and as a wise man said, the sun is always over the yardarm when the mast is underwater, a quip I’ll nominate right now for LRPD status.

cordially,
New I think we may see a lord nelson response
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Indeed
"Our urban centers would survive for a time, but we would not be saved from the dire unwinding of the consequences of such madness."

Yes, time to re-watch:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086429/?ref_=nv_sr_3?ref_=nv_sr_3

"Taglines: Imagine a day like any other. The children are fighting, the refrigerator is humming. Highways are jammed, playgrounds are filled. Everything is perfectly normal... For the very last time. "
     Ashton asks in another forum - (rcareaga) - (2)
         I think we may see a lord nelson response -NT - (boxley) - (1)
             Indeed - (dmcarls)

Can bitching and moaning atone?
36 ms