IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Reliability runs of EVs on Autoline
Fleet of ~10 'lectrics torured near 24/7 ie. All sorts of trip lengths; top-miles of several: ~250.000 ∑miles..
Fast charging maybe 3-5X per days; typ. runs LA-->Vegas, F-charges several times; run down to near-Min repeatedly. Very few 'problems' over these mondo runs, including battery-packs! (Surprising, no?)

Much of this time-share, so many styles of driving/little concern for Car's longevity, obviously.. overall it's clear that 'maintenance' $/year or lifetime: blows petrol-stuff AWAY.

..awaiting the $16K versions as must follow: it's the Gift which keeps on giving; lots of folks buying several, sub-leasing etc. New bizness of similar ilk seems on the ^ascent^
What's not to like?

The poor, superbly-built $30K-in'94 Acura Plutocrat ... simply the most meticulously-assembled machine I've owned (I spent some time peering all over/in it it, first weeks and never saw a Make-do 'bracket' or other sub-part); the engine compartment stayed pristine save for mere-dustable road stuff.. for Years (the airflow seemed almost designed to flush out the debris) ...Etc. But it's toast re what seems to be coming.

IF.. there's a Country-left functioning? ... here or abroad.
New People have been worried about battery life.
Tesla made noise a number of years ago about investing in battery technology. It's now started to be reported that many Model S and X cars have no appreciable reduction - and in some cases, no *detectable* reduction in battery life over the 8 year (!) warranty of the car.

Wade.
New I just wish they weren't so expensive
Could still buy 2 cars over that lifetime at that price.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New But could you live-with-self, considering? ... well-you-know.
How about one car (well, in summer, I guess) + a bitchin-restored '53 Lambretta LD scooter?
New I think the car's lifetime is intended to be considerably longer.
But the warranty is 8 years.

Wade.
New My Subaru's was 7 years
Just saying, they'll get a lot more traction once the price is attainable by people other than enthusiasts.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Noice simile :-)
     Reliability runs of EVs on Autoline - (Ashton) - (6)
         People have been worried about battery life. - (static) - (5)
             I just wish they weren't so expensive - (malraux) - (4)
                 But could you live-with-self, considering? ... well-you-know. - (Ashton)
                 I think the car's lifetime is intended to be considerably longer. - (static) - (2)
                     My Subaru's was 7 years - (malraux) - (1)
                         Noice simile :-) -NT - (Ashton)

The sweeter the blood is, the fatter the fleas.
48 ms