IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New “Fifty miles down the road” – don’t ever change, Dixie
So the tiny burg of Hoschton GA maintains its own l’il website. Let’s see what Hoschton has to say for itself (my FIFY additions in bold):
The City of Hoschton is a small community and a wonderful place for white people to call home. It is located just off Interstate 85 in Jackson County in north Georgia, about 35 miles northeast of the Atlanta perimeter. Jackson County is included in the 10 fastest growing counties in the country yet offers an abundance of open spaces and unspoiled (if you catch mah meaning) views of the state’s Piedmont Region — just south of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Our climate is moderate, pleasant, and enjoyable for a wide variety of outdoor activities such as cross burnings.

Our city mixes the advantage of small town living and the convenience of being less than 45 minutes from urban areas such as Athens, Gainesville and metro Atlanta for shopping, dining and entertainment (but we don’t, of course, mix the races). On behalf of all of our citizens, please visit our community and make yourself at home provided, of course, that you aren’t, you know!
From a story in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
The mayor of Hoschton, a nearly all-white community 50 miles northeast of Atlanta, allegedly withheld a job candidate from consideration for city administrator because he was black, an AJC investigation has found.

According to documents obtained by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and interviews with city officials, Mayor Theresa Kenerly told a member of the City Council she pulled the resume of Keith Henry from a packet of four finalists “because he is black, and the city isn’t ready for this.”

The mayor reportedly made her comments to a member of the council in an overheard whisper during a closed-door session of the council March 4. Councilwoman Hope Weeks said she repeated them to her in the parking lot after the meeting, according to a document released by the city in response to an open records request from the AJC.

“She proceeded to tell me that the candidate was real good, but he was black and we don’t have a big black population and she just didn’t think Hoschton was ready for that,” Weeks wrote in an account dated March 4.

Councilman Jim Cleveland defended the mayor, while confirming many aspects of the story, including that she made a tearful apology in another executive session on March 12. …Councilman Cleveland said he did not think Kenerly was necessarily wrong.

“I understood where she was coming from,” he said. “I understand Theresa saying that, simply because we’re not Atlanta. Things are different here than they are 50 miles down the road.”

Cleveland described Hoschton as “a predominantly white community” not in accord with urban sensibilities about race.

“I don’t know how they would take it if we selected a black administrator. She might have been right,” he said.

While Cleveland said it was not an issue in his decision on whom to hire, he did share his beliefs about race.

“I’m a Christian and my Christian beliefs are you don’t do interracial marriage. That’s the way I was brought up and that’s the way I believe,” he said. “I have black friends, I hired black people. But when it comes to all this stuff you see on TV, when you see blacks and whites together, it makes my blood boil because that’s just not the way a Christian is supposed to live.”
It’s painful to see such economic anxiety.

cordially,
Expand Edited by rcareaga May 10, 2019, 11:01:17 PM EDT
New Priority and scale
I'm not up on the latest Bible verses, but I'm not familiar with the ones condemning interracial marriage. Lots of stuff about killing other tribes, taking their daughters as wives, so on balance I'd say the Bible is pretty pro-interracial marriage.

But assuming you've got your passage that you quote as justification, why is *this* the thing that makes your blood boil?
--

Drew
New Can’t be race making his blood boil
After all, it says right there that he has black friends. He’s even hired black folks, and you can’t find a better metric for progressive and enlightened attitudes on racial relations in the South than maintaining a colored workforce, amirite?

cordially,
New Perhaps *scariest*-thought of all..
that this shit really IS embedded in 'Murican-DNA? (given 200 Years of miscegenation-with-self .. along with other Farmily Valuez inculcated via ear-boxing persuasion -->
to keep the tykes on the Right-path as they go forth and multiply.

Carrion: if that's the case? you can't. ever. FIX. that. Scratch. Da Futchah --> Lies Ahead
(so relieved that I've no {known} progeny to obsess about; can perfectly empathize with J. Cæsar's last-quip to Brutus ..within any fey moment.)
New seeing its location, surprised that meeting wasn't in spanish
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New "Truth in advertising!"
Unfortunately.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
     “Fifty miles down the road” – don’t ever change, Dixie - (rcareaga) - (5)
         Priority and scale - (drook) - (1)
             Can’t be race making his blood boil - (rcareaga)
         Perhaps *scariest*-thought of all.. - (Ashton)
         seeing its location, surprised that meeting wasn't in spanish -NT - (boxley)
         "Truth in advertising!" - (a6l6e6x)

Everyone sing a song about popcorn!
53 ms