IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks for the link.
I'd never find Right Wing Corporatist Propaganda on my own.

More important, Sanders’s Medicare for all would put almost all private insurance companies out of business—or diminish them to runts. These companies manage more than $1 trillion in revenue per year ... But no trillion-dollar industry has ever just rolled over and died.

Translation:
The Corporations are forever. They are superhuman. They cannot be defeated. Do not even attempt it. The ever increasing profits for the shareholders is important. You and the patients are not and never will be because that's capitalism and we love it.

He may be correct about that - HERE. We are the most ignorant, fucked up people ever to have walked on this planet.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New So he's right, but we have to try to do something pointless anyway, because purity? Is that it?
New Yeah, what's a soul worth anyway?
bcnu,
Mikem

New #HowTheACASavedMyLife
https://twitter.com/lpackard

HTH.

(via LOLGOP)

Cheers,
Scott.
New I never claimed it didn't help anyone.
I only claimed that by supporting the PPACA you're ceding decisions about who gets care and who doesn't based exclusively upon their ability to pay the shareholders (MediCare recipients excepted).

The bottom line is that you're comfortable with the idea that concerns of shareholder profit and wealth trump concerns of providing healthcare to all of us and that's fine (again - HERE). I'm not. That's the nut of our difference.

Your quarrel with me on this topic exclusively concerns my objection to those that do not in any way provide healthcare services continuing to receive enormous amounts of money that would otherwise be spent delivering care. IOW, you believe capitalism is the answer to every concern and I do not.

I am curious, though, if you saw this, exactly how you are not moved to join in the calls to remove the profit motive from our healthcare delivery system?
bcnu,
Mikem

New Excluded middle....
Recognizing that a $1T healthcare system exists and cannot be replaced with one fell swoop (ala Bernie) does not mean that I'm a fan of insurance companies.

Incremental progress, grasshopper...

Cheers,
Scott.
New The "incremental improvements" halted in the early 1970's.
At least according to the longest lived member of the original panel that set up Medicare, it was supposed to be next extended to children, then to those over 50. The original intent (according to him) was that by that time, so few would NOT be on it, the mouth-breathers would be more likely to accept putting everyone on it. But then, ..., Nixon.

Incremental change has not worked for 50+ years. Also, what are you saying about the 29 year old who died over not being able to pay a for-profit insurance company (on the vaunted Exchange no less) twenty dollars? That's okay? We can't change it because too much money is involved? And the shareholders! God Save the Shareholders!

Sorry, I'm not swallowing that poison pill. But you and most Muricans are gobbling them down. With such an attitude prevalent among the Great Murican Peeple, I submit no change at all makes as much sense as "incremental change." At least with no change, maybe the average IQ will increase. It will only cost us what's left of our morality, which, like everything else in this festering pile of manure we call "The United States" has all but vanished in the past forty years.
bcnu,
Mikem

New (sigh) Read me in my posts. Your strawman is on fire.
New sure it will save lives but a what cost?
decimated the health insurance of the middle class to match the crap plans offered the poor was not a great idea
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
     Bernie fighting for better health care for all Americans!!11 - (Another Scott) - (14)
         Incremental change has worked so well hasn't it? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
             Purity kills. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                 Thanks for the link. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                     So he's right, but we have to try to do something pointless anyway, because purity? Is that it? -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Yeah, what's a soul worth anyway? -NT - (mmoffitt)
                     #HowTheACASavedMyLife - (Another Scott) - (5)
                         I never claimed it didn't help anyone. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                             Excluded middle.... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 The "incremental improvements" halted in the early 1970's. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                     (sigh) Read me in my posts. Your strawman is on fire. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         sure it will save lives but a what cost? - (boxley)
                 Also, it is incredibly ironic that you cite "Medicaid expansion" whilst denigrating MFA. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                     Medicaid and Medicare are not the same thing. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         I wonder what good-'ol-Joe thinks on this topic IF.. - (Ashton)

I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!
160 ms