IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I still miss JerryP.
Sure, those Chaos Manor columns were both rambling and braggy (at best "humble-brags", but usually not sufficiently "humble" for that), but they sure were fun; and (at least in the beginning) I learned a lot from them -- if nothing else, then at least what to aspire to. And he always was a rabid right-wing nut, and in the last few years it felt like he went yet a few steps right of that. But still... Idunno, must be my weakness for MilSF.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Agreed
I wrote a column for my local PC group, called "All at 'C'". Is was a mixture of hardware/software review, C programming, and office politics. Patterned after "Computing in Chaos Manor". This was late CP/M early PC days. And yes, I wrote it in Wordstar to start.

Someone in the group submitted them to a user group conference during Comdex in Vegas and I won some strangely titled "Best of Intergalactic" award. No humble in this brag.
     Nostalgic LRPD sez: "Somewhere out there, a Big Cheetah is still running WordStar and - (Ashton) - (4)
         No, Wordstar was never adequate. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             Still prefer WordPerfect to Word thanks to "view codes" -NT - (drook)
         I still miss JerryP. - (CRConrad) - (1)
             Agreed - (crazy)

If I'm trying to do something that stupid, strong typing is the least of my problems.
58 ms