IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's probably a rogue ad network.
You know they don't host their own ads, for the most part? There is a network of ad servers that do automated "bidding" whenever a web page goes to serve an ad. They pick a bidder based on what they know about the page, what they know about you (cookies!) and what is being offered by their bidders. Often those bidding are networks themselves who repeat the same process. That's why loading an ad URL will go through several redirects until someone decides to actually serve content.

There are ad networks intent on serving malware and they bid to networks only a little less shady themselves hoping to hide in the mess of networks until they get to a big, high-profile page, such as the WaPo. Then they get a report of malware and have to unravel everything to find the rogue network and evict them and, sometimes, also their buyer.

This is a huge simplification, note.

Wade.
New Thanks for that bitchin er, unravelling!
From that even moi can grok to fullness {well: -->further} ..the degree to which The-God-Mammon, via Capitalismo-infection..everywhen: has morphed Homo-Sap into such a miserable, festering Soul-less f'ing-Species (to End All local species? in all probability).

Is it any Wonder? that, over jillions of (our) centuries within an infinite [but unbounded!] Cosmos: no other sentient species has wanted to shake-hands-with such a Bunch?
Wager: that each of these unknown-auditioners live under a Master-prohibition /penalty of death: for even saying, H-E-L-L-O.

aka: We shape-up or.. ship-out.
;^>
New Re: It's probably a rogue ad network.
I add my thanks.

cordially,
     Malware on Washington Post - (rcareaga) - (9)
         Tell me about that uptick.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             Pro tip - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 (Was hip re no-click before); recently uninstalled the sucker. Now Reminder-free-at-last. but.. - (Ashton)
         It's probably a rogue ad network. - (static) - (2)
             Thanks for that bitchin er, unravelling! - (Ashton)
             Re: It's probably a rogue ad network. - (rcareaga)
         Follow-up - (rcareaga) - (2)
             All right! -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                 I spoke too soon - (rcareaga)

And they're even healthy for you, because I made them with my milk.
41 ms