IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New We adopted 3 squirrels.
Our last old guard cat passed a few months ago and the homestead has been too quiet.

Along came these 3 little adoptees:

MacLeod is the ginger: he constantly talks to himself in a grumble, loves to do everything, and is the most independent of the siblings.

Lydia is the cute little gray tabby: reserved, smart, loves heights, and a troublemaker when you're not looking. She eats more food than her brothers even though she's half the size, and for some reason she wanted to eat in a tub last night.

Pippin is the sable kitten: he loves his second breakfasts, friendly, but prone to being a bit clumsy and instigating trouble.

They were born very premature in the back of a pickup truck bed. Lydia has an underdeveloped eye as a result (but the vet thinks it can be saved). One of the original 4 siblings didn't make it.

We had thought to just take the two brothers, but when we heard that not only had one of the siblings died, but also the girl who was left had an eye issue, we knew that we couldn't leave her on her own. We're very glad of the decision because they all get along like gangbusters. When the nightly Squirrelening comes on everyone needs to watch out lest they lose a few hours to the antics. In the morning we always find them snuggled up in a single cat ball on the shelf.

They're still spending the night in a storage room cleared out for the purpose, and the plan is to give them the run of the house after we get back from a college visit tomorrow evening.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Looks like ya gots yerselves a st(ir)ring-quartet, with built-in instruments!
Lovely. (por moi, all cats are Squeak ..now that I comprehend that they're Here to save the humans from themselves.)
Not even Godzilla--in a good mood--imagined he could manage that.

Should you get around to Cleveland Amory's trilogy re travels with his cat Polar Bear: note that he avers that all cats have three names. He spent first year?
after snatching this hissing-foundling away from some trash cans in NYC, thence washing him to discover that this grey mizzuble looking critter was Snow-white!
(..at no small cost in scratches) ... to discover what he Wanted to be called.

Tux aka Vincent Shadow Tuxedo, perhaps the calmest neutered-male evah ..also has the sharpest claws seen near a bio-microtome. Which he never uses
..except when mousing; can get a small scratchlet just running a finger across. (Clever-lad: don't think I want to piss him off; works for him :-)
New Our cats always end up with multiple names.
Lord Flynn MacLeod the Highlander
Pippin the Fat and Fleet, fool of a Took, Rincewind
etc.

What we call them depends on the day, the mood, and the antics thereof.
Regards,
-scott
New Names PS
Noting your ancestry.. my Pater's middle-name was Anders.. perhaps yer a twig on that sapling?
;^>
er, Heh..
New Fun to think about
But there's something like 2500 people with my name in the US alone. :-)
Regards,
-scott
New re Fun to think about
Hmmm.. haven't totted up but there's Lots more 'Ashton's out there than I'd imagined (not just Ashton Carter..) both as first-and last-names..

..and I thought I was soo Special! Oh well, 'Pride goeth before ...'
(also too, My Uncle/namesake was Ashton Smith!; how's That for er, anonymity?)
New Re: re Fun to think about
Regards,
-scott
New (Well We'unses are ..after all), a rather *cough* more Exclusive Club.. ...
Still, should you somehow gather together your name-clones (world's largest-yet Round Table?) ... you should fershure get a rilly low-bid for
making all those engraved-in-two-tone-plastic, The Honorable _____.
New He's of Swedish extraction, with a spello somewhere in between.
Because back in the old country, the sons of Anders used to be able to keep track of their consonants: Anders' son --> Andersson. Either someone in the chain simplified it, or some tired C&I official on Ellis Island couldn't be bothered to write down the "redundant" extra 's'.

Maybe you are too, Ash -- or where did yer Pa get his middle name from?
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New Wish I knew (that last.)
i'm an orphan now re the generation who knew where all the *bodies were buried; sometimes I regret my uncuriosity way-back. Other times ..maybe I sleep better now?
..for Not-knowing. In the immortal words of Yul Brynner:
It's a Puzzlement! but funny thing, I really don't Miss all that info==antithetic to say, Feynman's omni- Curiosity wherever his eyes fell.)

*Hey! didja know that your Great-grate-irascible Grandfather shot Justice in-her-pretty-blue-dress? waay-back.

(Somewhere there is/was another son of my Pater--even my Aunt didn't know his whereabouts at time of her death); a collective which would have been the last ..to obsess over one of those family-Tree thngs. Did they know too much/or too little? Puzzlement #2 I guess.

oTpy.
PS: there's a cousin who has 'meant to' drop a load of such matters on moi; not yet though. What, Me Worry?
PPS: Welcome back, O irascible-/but really a pussy-cat One. ;^> Used with permission of © Holder.
Expand Edited by Ashton May 2, 2019, 04:55:54 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Ashton May 2, 2019, 04:59:07 PM EDT
Expand Edited by Ashton May 2, 2019, 05:08:10 PM EDT
     We adopted 3 squirrels. - (malraux) - (9)
         Looks like ya gots yerselves a st(ir)ring-quartet, with built-in instruments! - (Ashton) - (8)
             Our cats always end up with multiple names. - (malraux) - (7)
                 Names PS - (Ashton) - (6)
                     Fun to think about - (malraux) - (3)
                         re Fun to think about - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Re: re Fun to think about - (malraux) - (1)
                                 (Well We'unses are ..after all), a rather *cough* more Exclusive Club.. ... - (Ashton)
                     He's of Swedish extraction, with a spello somewhere in between. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                         Wish I knew (that last.) - (Ashton)

I don't know who thought this up, but it certainly wasn't a bird.
86 ms