1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New one for ash
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Well that's Nostalgia City..
Thanks {{sniff}}

I owned one of these briefly.. back in the day; local dealer had no Vincent lore; paid $50 for it (can't recall why they thought so little of it; also can't recall how little wrenching? to make it sound enough for -->Vrooom!) As a couple auction readers opined; in some ways it's more fun--on the twisties--than the Shadow. Almost the same 4X brakes (but finless whereas the Shadows had such.) Quite the least vibration of any single I'd ridden. Reduced weight/always a Good thing and similar steering-on-rails meant that:

Took it out on the 'Sunday Morning Ride' up coastal Hwy. 1 with the troops--for breakfast at Point Reyes. Kept up nicely with the other iron, a joy on the S-curves, etc. Alas this one was more distressed than the item here. Had no place then for storage so peddled it for ~$150 some months later. NIce? to see that someone bid 14 THOUSAND deflated $USD. 2nd thought: Not-so-nice I think.. {sob} ... but not such a sob-story as: IF I had kept the pristine Shadow via hi-Tech coverings. :-/

Ah well ..roads were fun way-back; now, as I hear "cycle-down" disturbingly often (on commute-time news) they're like the Earth/overpopulated. [But last I heard the Sunday M.R. persists!] with all new blood. My last tour was on the Kawasaki 550 quad/52 HP vs Shadow's 54 ... but a meaningless comparo re lo-torque screamers.

Vroooom ---> shall always be with us :-)
     one for ash - (boxley) - (1)
         Well that's Nostalgia City.. - (Ashton)

This theory is not even wrong.
34 ms