IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New to my surprise
The old phone, its SIM having been extracted, retains much of its former functionality (it can’t make phone calls, obviously, but was a secondary feature to begin with on the old one.) Gmail and internet both work. The new unit still feels disproportionate, uncomfortable, although I remain highly pleased with the camera, compared to the antique.

cordially,
New It would not have been a surprise to you...
...had you ever owned an iPod Touch*. I did; first generation, back in the day. I left it in a hotel room, whereupon it just vanished, completely mysteriously, as if it were never there.

Anyhoo, it was basically an iPhone without a camera or 3G radio. It was also thinner.

Ah, those were the days; when Apple made shit I wanted.

It replaced my old 20GB disk-based 4th gen (2004-2005) iPod. I sold that for parts when it died - apparently the bumpers that hold the disk itself in place were, at the time, very difficult to obtain, and thus commanded a respectable price on eBay.
New Actually this piqued my interest.
I had a poke around the Apple store (quick lol at the £1500 512GB version of the iPhone XS Max), and I'm mildly amazed that Apple still makes and sells iPods of any stripe. But - there it is: two capacities, and five surprisingly bright colours including pink, blue, and red. Amusingly, the red* version is listed as an "Apple Exclusive colour", presumably to differentiate it from all those coloured iPods from other manufacturers.

But today, £300 for a 128GB music player does seem a bit, well, sporty. And it's abso-fucking-lutely ridiculous that the iPod does not have a headphone jack. But still. An iPod, running the current version of iOS. I absolutely did not expect that to be a thing in 2019.

*It's a Product Red item, and is the one you should buy, because a fraction of your purchase price goes to fighting AIDS. I think we can all agree that this is, without qualification, a good thing.
New They needed the space to make room for all the courage
--

Drew
     new phone - (rcareaga) - (14)
         J has an SE. I've tried to interest her in an 8, but she still likes the small size... -NT - (Another Scott) - (9)
             The form factor is definitely a thing. - (malraux) - (8)
                 Re: The form factor is definitely a thing. - (rcareaga) - (7)
                     Not happening - (pwhysall) - (6)
                         face recognition - (rcareaga)
                         I wonder if sphincter recongnition would be more secure? - (boxley) - (4)
                             You've got this all arse about face - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 Don't you mean ... - (drook) - (2)
                                     Oh that hurt -NT - (crazy)
                                     Sounds like a bum note... -NT - (static)
         to my surprise - (rcareaga) - (3)
             It would not have been a surprise to you... - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Actually this piqued my interest. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                     They needed the space to make room for all the courage -NT - (drook)

drook is not your Guinea pig.
46 ms