New Is Putin "Tired of Winning" yet?
Brexit, Trump and now this.

Seems "without a shot" is coming true.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
Expand Edited by mmoffitt April 23, 2019, 10:05:12 AM EDT
New Too early to tell.
People over there are tired of the war, tired of the corruption. They were desperate to try someone who wasn't tied to the old corrupt ways.

Trouble is, the new guy has his own oligarch behind him, also too.

We'll see.

The thing to celebrate is the peaceful, democratic, transfer of power.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: They were desperate to try someone who wasn't tied to the old corrupt ways.
Why does that sound so familiar? ;0(
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New {Always we expect better of the New corrupt ways!.. ... } {sigh}
New Funny, I had the same thought.
But I hope Another Scott is right. With his political inexperience, Volodymyr may accept some good help to keep him straight.

Volodymyr incidentally is the Ukrainian version of Vladimir.

He is also Jewish, which is a pleasant surprise to me.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been ..."
That plodding Giant-ignoramus--the bloody actual-Religion of the perpetually indifferent-via-innate-sloth--cancels out even a soupçon of an effort to [learn even How? to 'grok' Anything] guarantees that any-small National movement towards a sorta Epiphany.. some conversion towards a Humane-actual-Society ..ever lies still-born, its visage looking a lot like young Emmett Till in his coffin.

Trashed, perhaps permanently via the King of the unTeachables, now shrouded in that made-for-a-funeral trench-coat--which cannot disguise the junk-food-ravaged corpus within.

PS: ACLU call.. guy mentions two Matt Taibbe (sp?) books:
The great Derangement
Insane Clown President

That is all.
     Is Putin "Tired of Winning" yet? - (mmoffitt) - (5)
         Too early to tell. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Re: They were desperate to try someone who wasn't tied to the old corrupt ways. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                 {Always we expect better of the New corrupt ways!.. ... } {sigh} -NT - (Ashton)
         Funny, I had the same thought. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been ..." - (Ashton)

Absorbant and yellow and porous are we!
70 ms