(Yes it's easy to find a certain superciliousity [new word] within ALL of us 'elites', what ain't got much Patience---anyMORE..--with mouthbreathers/all those proud of their dedicated-ignorance a, thus gullibility--well it does contain {~ability} I guess.)

Notwithstanding.. that all: if a one can find Freak-o's sometime link to above, I'll go with Rajan's careful and pellucid overview, for the nonce. His experience derives from having-Been designated a high-priest of the Econ-pseudo-science--apparently without any hint of possessing smug-mastery of the trade: mainly it's about his perpetual curiosity? I wot.

PS: I have YET-to-hear from modrin Conservatives Reactionary radicals ... anything but doggerel in non-answer to my continuing query:

[opt. W.T.F.] ..Is. It. that "you aim to CONSERVE" Hmmm? [please show your work]
(implicit: what safety-nets for the vast-majority: are you determined to trash-in-a-second, had you the power???)

Bafflegad.. it's inculcated from Birth; think of your first query to a parent after you'd grokked 'talking', say
"Where did I come from?/why am I here?/who am I anyway?"

My aunt, full into senescence had stated to (RN-in-charge, a family-member-whom I had appointed, moi as Executor and also her Guardian):

I don't know Who I am
I don't know Where I am
There's no place I want to go
There's nothing I want to do

..I'm not making this up; L. immediately wrote it down (and likely couldn't have assembled the thoughts ..so pellucidly, anyway)

Sometimes I wonder how many? 'adults' walk around with a scripted façade/masque ...
in very-near that mind-state :-/ Then: 'vote'. :-/ :-/
'Econ'-omists too?? {ulp}