IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: That's happening in America while we speak
yup, 10 months and counting in jail for using his face to assault cops fists. Just on case of many
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Re: That's happening in America while we speak

Devoureaux Wolf was getting a ride home with friends in the spring of 2016 when they were pulled over by police for not wearing seat belts. A friend in the front seat recorded on a cellphone as Wolf was taken out of the car and wrestled to the ground by the officers. Wolf was charged with three counts of aggravated battery to an officer and two counts of resisting arrest.

“I wound up getting assaulted by an officer, and somehow I end up getting charged for assaulting him,” Wolf says in a promotional video for the Chicago Community Bond Fund (CCBF), which also shows cellphone clips from the incident. The nonprofit pays bail for imprisoned people in Cook County.

Wolf, now 27, spent 3 ½ months in Cook County Jail because he couldn’t come up with 10 percent of his $30,000 bond. He eventually came across CCBF’s phone number and, within a week of his mother calling the organization, was released.

“I didn’t know how I was going to get out,” said the Austin resident and footwork artist (also known as King Detro). “I was sitting there, stuck, because my uncle had just passed, and the money that was going to be used to get me out was now being used for my uncle’s funeral.”

https://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyles/ct-life-appolition-making-bail-20190124-story.html

Just one of several hundred thousand stories returned by Google.

Satan (impatiently) to Newcomer: The trouble with you Chicago people is, that you think you are the best people down here; whereas you are merely the most numerous.
- - - Mark Twain, "Pudd'nhead Wilson's New Calendar" 1897
New I think Ferguson is the town^Wcounty you're looking for
Expand Edited by scoenye April 17, 2019, 07:48:04 PM EDT
     Calling Aussies with First Hand knowledge. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
         That's happening in America while we speak - (lincoln) - (3)
             Re: That's happening in America while we speak - (boxley) - (2)
                 Re: That's happening in America while we speak - (lincoln) - (1)
                     I think Ferguson is the town^Wcounty you're looking for -NT - (scoenye)
         Might send a couple bucks, but the Tsunami would wash it away.. - (Ashton)
         Yah. It's real. - (static) - (1)
             <Sigh>. I feared as much. - (mmoffitt)

I'm sure when this came out, it was better than whatever else was out. Want to play chess with me, son? No way, Dad.
87 ms