IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ugh; quandary then.
Can't muzzle JS (I presume.. or shouldn't if you could?)
Wonder though: have steadfastly refused the recent Mudbrick-Tech nags to get their f-ing about-monthly Bug-fix.
Is their product That Bad that ya gots to nuke yer browser/on demand? now.. but..
mayhap their gadgetry (does anyone but BBC still use this for videos?) still. Maybe the leak came from them/somewhere in the packet-making games?

Maybe I should acquiesce and see if it also stops: previous Duh-access bad-code.
Thinking on that.. not enough chops to see if that idea is bollocks. Iggerance is a terrible Thing. (Except where it brings bliss, I heard.)

Thanks for the explanation; Apple be such biz-$$obsessed-Prigs, dealing with ackshul People (kinda like Jobs?)

PS: know what 'mdworker' OS small-process does?
Noted several iterations with consecutive er, serial numbers: nuked all but one last stab, apparently to no ill effect But.. ... (Jeez, and I thought PDP-8/octal was a PITA (what with schlepping 10" (?) tapes, punch-cards to the CDC-6600, just for a change or two.)
Expand Edited by Ashton April 15, 2019, 09:36:18 PM EDT
New Mudbrick Flashplayer?
That thing should be nuked from orbit. It is beyond redemption/salvation/...

Its life support is scheduled for termination next year. Most commercial sites have switched to HTML5. I can't think of any major site, including the Beeb (using the Paris disaster as proof :-( ), which still requires Flash.

However, unless a site contains Flash, it shouldn't rear its head.

mdworker is the indexer (or part thereof) of the Spotlight search facility. It will come back as long as the system thinks there is something left to index.
New Thank you ..Thank you.
I cannot imagine how a one can carry about so much [Useful!] matters in the jelloware.. mdworker is ... free of all criminal intent.

As to Mudbrick; I had thought that its perpetual mediocrity was due to be rendered obsolescent obsolete by 'something'; ah Yess: HTML5 (whose adoption surely must be in full ascension by now). So I shall proceed towards delivering the message to the Mud people:
"Thanks for all the fish; I've gone back to WordStar in CP/M." (now where's that daisy-wheel printer gone?)

You sir, are: that jeweled-left-eye in some Heathen idol. :-)
New ~30 years of trying to stay ahead of this crap. But Google helps. A lot ;-)
New I uninstalled it years ago.
It comes with a price, e.g. no BBC videos, but I've been resolute.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New wat
BBC doesn't use flash.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-47941114/notre-dame-fire-hymns-sung-in-the-street-as-cathedral-burns

^^ no Flash. My Chrome doesn't allow it at work (ask first). My Edge at home has it turned off altogether.
New Well, after a second or so I get "This content doesn't seem to be working."
"Try again?" which is a loop with no joy.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

-- Isaac Asimov
New This works fine for me on Chrome on Win10.
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-asia-47954950/once-destroyed-by-the-taliban-the-buddha-statues-live-again

I don't get a popup asking about Flash (the way I do with the NWS local radar page).

Does it not work for you?

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Not on a Mac running Firefox the way I have it set up with NoScript..
It turns out to be that NoScript is the culprit that's killing the video. The video is fine if I temporarily allow all non-BBC scripts.

Problem solved! :)
Alex

-- Isaac Asimov
New There's one free online game I like to play that use it
I only allow it on that one site. Haven't noticed the lack anywhere else.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook April 16, 2019, 07:11:48 AM EDT
     Pwned by The Seattle Times.. - (Ashton) - (16)
         I would suspect a bad ad or something. - (Another Scott) - (12)
             Thanks.. 'jes sleuthin-fer-Gotcha!s or some decent Remover kit. - (Ashton) - (11)
                 That seems to be a legal issue - (scoenye) - (10)
                     Ugh; quandary then. - (Ashton) - (9)
                         Mudbrick Flashplayer? - (scoenye) - (8)
                             Thank you ..Thank you. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 ~30 years of trying to stay ahead of this crap. But Google helps. A lot ;-) -NT - (scoenye)
                             I uninstalled it years ago. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                 wat - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                     Well, after a second or so I get "This content doesn't seem to be working." - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                         This works fine for me on Chrome on Win10. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Not on a Mac running Firefox the way I have it set up with NoScript.. - (a6l6e6x)
                             There's one free online game I like to play that use it - (drook)
         ~Nailed..(well, if it's made from melted pot-metal pennies.) - (Ashton) - (2)
             Post-mortem: just for the giggles - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Glad you got it fixed! - (Another Scott)

Incidentally, my Liege, this is how we know the world to be banana-shaped.
137 ms